Toribash
Original Post
Jungle spar mod
This is my seccond mod so if there are any bugs or glitches pls report it and I will fix it.
Tips are welcome!
Hope you guys like it!
Attached Images
screenshot-15-17-21-58.jpg (14.3 KB, 145 views)
screenshot-15-17-22-04.jpg (14.8 KB, 42 views)
screenshot-15-17-22-22.jpg (13.4 KB, 23 views)
screenshot-15-17-22-43.jpg (14.1 KB, 19 views)
screenshot-15-17-23-18.jpg (14.4 KB, 32 views)
Attached Files
bf_spar_jungle.tbm (27.1 KB, 171 views)
Last edited by BFHPRO; Aug 17, 2015 at 11:32 AM.
You finally released it, it looks great man
well done and keep it up
Quplays
Quack's Club
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pm me for help or if you have any questions.
I like the look of it. The square blocks for leaves don't look that bad. I don't know if it was intentional but the lightest green blocks look like they are getting the most sunlight so it looks kind of realistic. Otherwise I wouldn't choose that bright of a green.

On the the other hand, the stripes for the flag don't seem to be lined up right with the post. And the middle stripe is a different thickness. Also the support to the flag post isn't lined up. And the rock that uke starts on, there are three blocks on the top that jut out that I'm not really sure I like the look of.
along what with macsparrow said, i also noticed that the stone structure that tori is on, it looks kinda lazily made, i mean they are just blocks mixed into each other with no change to rotation that much. Real life stones poke and point in lots of directions and not it the fashion shown in this mod. But that isn't that bad of an issue just an observation. I mean everything else was pretty well made, i love the environment you created, great job. But when you spend lots of time on environment sometime you forget to balance it out with gameplay. I'd like to see some more interactable elements, or things that can alter this fight that will happen. i mean a cool enviornment to fight in is great and all but people like to be challenged outside of fighting.

For example....If you make a snow mountain mod of some sort and its a spar on a snow mountain, yeah that's cool and all to be fighting on a snow mountain but people enjoy when the threat is not only the person their fighting, add some boulders or giant avalanche snow balls falling down the mountain at them. Moments where it makes the fight so much more exciting.

Stuff like that, every mod has two aspects, Gameplay and Environment, people usually lean to different styles. But a GOOD mod maker must be able to balance the two.

Such as TRichard. He excels in mod gameplay, exciting obstacles and moving threats, he sometimes has no atmosphere present in his mods, but thats ok, because he has a couple mods were he has proven his skill in balancing the two, like his jungle mod...He made a very large and great atmosphere but doesn't forget to add elements such as falling rocks and vines and trees to excite gameplay.

Then we have someone like Jisse or Obazu, two people who very much excel in environmental mod making, but these two never forget to add exciting gameplay elements in their vast environmental worlds they create. (doesn't have to be moving elements...they can be static too. We're talking anything that opens up new choices of gamplay)

No matter if its a sparring or parkour map, there is always a way to improve environment and improve gameplay. Together.

Lesson is, make sure you practice both skills in your mods it will improve your skills as a mod make for sure.

Great mod, keep it up, can't wait to see whats next!

btw..jungle spars are really over done, if you want to really make an impact take us somewhere we usually don't see in sparring mods ;)
Last edited by matarika; Aug 26, 2015 at 04:43 AM.
Howdy, I'm Mod Squad & The Social Media Manager @ Nabi Studios , if you have any modding or social media questions PM me or DM me on Discord: Matarika#5297
Thx for the CnC Matarika!
I will try to put this advise in my next mod! ;)
Last edited by BFHPRO; Aug 26, 2015 at 11:32 PM.
just looking at ONE screenshot made me like "I NEED THIS NOWWWWW IT LOOKS AMAZING" XD