Ranking
using the kids to create a new future whaaat?

lol she said something was fat and lazy somone hasn't look in the mirror lately.

She just crazy,she has no idea whats she's talking about and she's a corrupt mental (maybe) person
whaaaaa?

She's putting lies in the little boys and girls ears >:O

Teliing them they going to hell she crazy like the lady gaga fans saying lady gaga a lady
Originally Posted by Alaistier View Post
I don't have a problem with religion. I disagree with it, but I accept people's choices to be or not be religious. These children are taken to a point past religious, though. It's the parents I express disgust towards. These children learn they have to repent and if they do anything wrong (they are kids after all) they will go to hell and burn for eternity. During a sermon, for lack of a better word, the large woman incriminates these children for thinking "dirty thoughts," saying "bad words," and disobeying their parents. Kids do that, and with time they learn the lessons. It's unfair to rein down on a child as though they are an adult who knows the rules and has been living them for 20+ years. There's a reason we don't try children as adults in court.

From the parents view this is a necessary course of action.

As you said, this is an extreme example, so the parents completely believe that bad actions will earn you a free ticket to hell, for them to do anything but impart this eternal-soul-saving knowledge on to their children would be irresponsible. If you were them, you would do the same thing in order to protect your children. Just try to see it from their side.

I know this example is not exactly the same, but;
Most parents teach their children not to talk to strangers, even though the vast majority of strangers are not paedophiles. It is the parents' belief that telling the kids not to talk to strangers will save their lives.
Many parents even teach their kids to wrap up when its cold, so they don't "catch a cold". This isn't really true, yet parents believe it, and so they force it on their children.

It is just a part of parenting.

I am sure there are examples of the opposite (scientist parents teaching science from an early age, or simply not giving their children access to religion), the example that comes to mind is fictitious, from Dresdan Codak's webcomic, in which the protagonist has been raised by atheist scientist parents, and really has 0 access to religion. Of course, the protagonist grows up to reject religion too.

In a perfect world every child would have access to every theological view, but that is simply impossible. I don't think there is any reason to be more outraged at this than at any other type of parenting.
Warlocks are enemies of god, and thus don't deserve to be heroes.
Now please wash your souls with this sacred half drank nestle bottled water.
lol

Anyway, it's really uneasy to watch people like that do those things to children. It's just so much like... brainwashing.
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
From the parents view this is a necessary course of action.

As you said, this is an extreme example, so the parents completely believe that bad actions will earn you a free ticket to hell, for them to do anything but impart this eternal-soul-saving knowledge on to their children would be irresponsible. If you were them, you would do the same thing in order to protect your children. Just try to see it from their side.

I know this example is not exactly the same, but;
Most parents teach their children not to talk to strangers, even though the vast majority of strangers are not paedophiles. It is the parents' belief that telling the kids not to talk to strangers will save their lives.
Many parents even teach their kids to wrap up when its cold, so they don't "catch a cold". This isn't really true, yet parents believe it, and so they force it on their children.

It is just a part of parenting.

I am sure there are examples of the opposite (scientist parents teaching science from an early age, or simply not giving their children access to religion), the example that comes to mind is fictitious, from Dresdan Codak's webcomic, in which the protagonist has been raised by atheist scientist parents, and really has 0 access to religion. Of course, the protagonist grows up to reject religion too.

In a perfect world every child would have access to every theological view, but that is simply impossible. I don't think there is any reason to be more outraged at this than at any other type of parenting.

They're forcing the children to believe they are bad and deserve to rot in hell. The kids are crying in that video. It's mental child abuse. Even if they didn't want to follow their insane traditions, they'd still be forced to, and possibly even punished.

Here's a much shorter highlights video, for anyone that doesn't feel like watching it all http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LACyLTsH4ac
Last edited by isaac; Jul 27, 2011 at 09:33 AM.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
What on earth was that video?

First they say something about Christianity then they show kids dancing.

Doesn't make any sense.
Originally Posted by Alaistier View Post
Did you watch the video, Gorman?

I didn't finish it, I got bored really fast...

Originally Posted by isaac View Post
They're forcing the children to believe they are bad and deserve to rot in hell. The kids are crying in that video. It's mental child abuse. Even if they didn't want to follow their insane traditions, they'd still be forced to, and possibly even punished.

Parents tell kids all kinds of lies to get them to 'act proper'.
Isn't it at least refreshing that they are doing it because they believe rather than just to make the kid act right?
Originally Posted by isaac View Post

Here's a much shorter highlights video, for anyone that doesn't feel like watching it all http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LACyLTsH4ac

Thatks, isaac. I'll put that in the OP.