Ranking
Original Post
Rendering machine
Looking for suggestions on a new computer. I want to cut down on render time. I'm a 3D modeler and beginner animator.

Require suggestions on:
- Ram and amount,
- CPU
- Power supply
- MoBo

Other information:
- Will repurpose my 500gb SSD
- Will repurpose my GPU (1060 6gb)
- Budget of: $1000
- Only game I play is Toribash.
- already own windows 10.
Last edited by jump; Jan 26, 2018 at 06:40 PM.
You got a budget of $1000 and you already got a 1060 6GB GPU and 500GB SSD, so juicy dude.

CPU - Personally I'd go for the Ryzen 7 1800X, it has 8 cores, and 16 threads which is great for multi application usage which will be needed because your processor will need to run and execute multiple instructions. I would have went for the Intel i7-8700k but the Kernel leak is a bit scary to me so I'd stick with Ryzen in my opinion. Price = $349.99 (Amazon)

RAM - 32 GB is needed for 3D modeling and animation. I'd just go for something basic like the Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX 32 GB Price = $357.99 (Amazon)

Power Supply Unit - I'd go for a 750W EVGA 750 GQ, seems like a bit of an overall at first but in about 4-5 years if it does break you won't have to replace this but the other parts since it'll probably be able to handle the components in the future. Price = $105.37 (Amazon)

Motherboard - ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING. Looks good and does good. Price = $124.99 (Amazon)

Total Price = $938.34
Alternatively, I did a little research and there are duel socket motherboards out there as well as cheap xeon processors with high core counts that not only Turbo to a decent level but multi-thread like beasts. For example the Xeon E5-2670 is going for $115 on ebay right now. Here's some quick details about it.

Personally going for a dual socket motherboard is just not needed unless you plan on creating big heavy animations. You, yourself said your a beginner so you won't be producing heavy animations right now. If your 100% sure you'll stick with animation and are sure you'll be producing work that will need high intense work then go for it.
Apparently, the program I use (Blender) only supports up to 8 cores. Meaning, my previous idea wouldn't work out and would be a waste of power.

The Ryzen 7 1800X looks good at that price point. If anyone has an alternative they'd like to share, feel free to PM me, I think this thread is about answered.