Ranking
Original Post
[ART-TEX]line shading Tutorial
hey guys... in artist co-op someone said how i did these shaded lines in this head

this head

so i made this =D
i hope you will like it ^^
they are just 5 easy steps where you can learn a basic shading which can give cool outcomes =D

and rembember... post your outcomes

1)make a new layer over the background and use pen to make the line for the selection

2) RMB-> make selection ->OK

3) use white 65px soft brush with 6/8% flow inside and outside in the lighted parts (light will come from the bottom

4) use black 65px soft brush with 6/8% flow inside and outside in the shadow parts (the inverse of the lighted ones)

so:
light side:

darkside:

100% opacity outcome

5) now put opacity to 70% and use 65px soft brush eraser with 10% flow to remove some parts and make it a bit more "realistic"
Last edited by Dae67; Jul 7, 2011 at 08:18 AM.
|[Essence]|GATA|Artist Co-Op|Italians Do It Better|TA|
|Pulse|HARWARE|bRuCiA|Weddark|Zalmoxis|
I am the one who asked about this .And,is there any way to do this in gimp?And how do you get phtoshop for free?
you should get a 30 days trial for photoshop or buy it =/
btw yes xD you are the one who asked it =D
This is basically the noobish way of doing it, by doing it by hand you will achieve much better results, but ofc that requires a little more talent.
Originally Posted by Dae67 View Post
they are just 5 easy steps where you can learn a basic shading which can give cool outcomes =D

=D
Originally Posted by Dae67 View Post
5) now put opacity to 70% and use 65px soft brush rubber with 10% flow to remove some parts and make it a bit more "realistic"

What is a soft brush rubber.....?
[Chess]
daddy kill the spider
the magic rubber, with a soft brush u.u
I have used photoshop for years, and I have no idea what the magic rubber is...(i am on cs5)
[Chess]
daddy kill the spider
omg... the one which deletes the image of a layer!
i guess it can be called eraser u.u
.............eraser = magic rubber now? -.- alright I guess. thanks. confusing tool name but good tutorial.
[Chess]
daddy kill the spider