IS THE DAY

WHERE

YOU

GET

v0.9

Changelog:
- Added fancy new start menu with loadsa buttons
- Added three new weapon types to be freely mixed with the pulse lasers
- Added options menu with questionable developer graphics (so it's not done visually), just click the fancy wrench icon!
- Made it possible to actually change various options, so that the aforementioned menu isn't useless
- Added fancy dynamic game speed adjustment to prevent slowdowns (can be disabled in Config.ini if you enjoy the slowdowns)
- Added levels 15-19
- Levels are now actually called stages to prevent confusion with experience levels
- Added the last tier of shop upgrades
- Added new fancy explosions for the enemies
- Added some new effects for the players shots as well (although the super shot effects are terrible)
- Added fancy glow effects for all energetic shots
- Mysteriously changed the Arial font in game by unknown forces
- Made a new sprite for the player ship
- Probably also some other things and tweaks i can't remember right now

you can download it here

Also if for some reason you don't get music, it's likely because it's set to 0 in the options even though i think i fixed that. If you don't get ANY sounds at all, please do mention it, because Sebastian, our recently hired music guy, isn't getting any sounds either. :c

Oh yeah also, if you feel like a cool person, we have a fancy new donation button.

;o

---

The music didn't get in on this update, but i guarantee you that it will be there by the time 1.0 hits.
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
Wooo good job shook.

Anyway question:

1. Do you work alone or having a team ?
2. What program you use for programming ?
3. Do you make the sprite alone or giving credit to others?

Thanks for new version
I wish i can donate.....
:D
Thank you very much, and you're quite welcome! Don't worry about donating if you can't or it's inconvenient, i appreciate the thought. c:

Originally Posted by Trocher3 View Post
Wooo good job shook.

Anyway question:

1. Do you work alone or having a team ?
2. What program you use for programming ?
3. Do you make the sprite alone or giving credit to others?

1. Chartle's working with me since some time ago, he does programming and level design as well.
2. Game Maker 8.1.
3. All final sprites are by me, although the current graphics of the options menu are by Chartle. Actually, he also made the little side turret circles on the second boss where the rocket turrets sit. :v
The current background menu is, by the way, still made by Bojan (or 8OJ4N as he apparently wrote it). He is a far better artist than me, but in the end, i think i'll try to replace the background myself, to keep the graphics more consistent.

@tylercoon: Glad to hear that! Tried it out yet? I appreciate all given feedback that isn't just mindless hatred (which means that legitimate points of criticism are also accepted).
You want me to produce you an 8-bit modern track to lay over the main menu or something? Can give me any kind of idea and I'll get started.
we dem boys
is there a android version or something like that?
I really wanna play this
Sadly not, at least for the time being. If we were to get cross-platform support, we'd have to convert the files from Game Maker 8.1 to Game Maker: Studio, which is a much bigger task than it might sound like. Besides that, i don't think this game would go well with touch-screen controls, because it relies on you being able to see everything at all times. :c

@renegradermax: It's not the easiest game ever, but i appreciate you trying. c:

@Keaton: Ach shit, sorry for my late response! I WOULD totally take you up on the offer, but the thing is that we have hired a musician already, and i promised him that he'd get to make the entire soundtrack (which also gives us a consistent soundtrack across the board). I really appreciate the offer though, i know i don't come off as particularly eager when there's a 4 week waiting time before i respond, but it's so awesome when people offer help like that. C:

Anyhoo, i suppose i should also keep you guys up to date with the happenings. For the most part, i've been working on bug fixes and polishing and generally ironing out lots of little kinks, meaning that the next version SHOULD be mostly free of annoying little issues. For one, i've implemented a new timer system, which allows the game to run at a consistent real-time pace, despite wildly variant frame rates. I've also been working on rebalancing the second boss, since it's a complete pain in the arse as of v0.9, more so than the third boss, which is not how it should be.

I also expect to polish up the placeholder options menu and tutorial (it's actually there, i just forgot to enable it in the Config file :U), and maybe also try to get achievements working properly. Y'know, just because we can.

The reason i'm saying "I" up there is because Chartle is working on cool sekrit things, which i'll let him disclose info about at his own discretion. ;o

also boolets look 20% cooler now

We've been keeping low profile because of a lack of dramatic awesome additions. :v