Toribash
Originally Posted by veb View Post
Get your hands on some Klondike.

Just ask your Doctor for a prescription to give up smoking - it will take away all the physical withdrawal symptoms - but it will leave the psychological issues (e.g. someone over there is smoking) but it makes it that much easier to give up.

Fixed that for you?

Nah but seriously though, they have actually found a cure for smoking?
Its an addiction, addictions are counted as a disease just like obesity and alcaholism.
Originally Posted by reekondub View Post
there is this thing i heard on the radio and there are fake cigs that taste just like the real shit

Man, I made a thread about these cigarettes a while back. It's buried somewhere in discussion.

Those things could actually work, even though they may be expensive.
Why I say this is you have the option to turn down the nicotine dosage each time. Or something like that.

Like buy a pack with a certain amount in it and then keep cutting down by a little bit each purchase until it's so small that you don't see the point in it.
But that sounds shifty anyways.
lol
Originally Posted by coloo View Post
Its an addiction, addictions are counted as a disease just like obesity and alcaholism.

ok, to start with, obesity is not a disease. That's a misinterpretation of what a disease is, but whatever...
Smoking is not a disease or addiction either. Nicotine dependence is an addiction.

As for quitting smoking, it's no big deal. You just stop smoking, and overcome your desire for cigarettes because you have a reason to not smoke, whatever that is. Patches..gum.. all that crap.. seriously, if you can't control yourself to stop buying cigarettes you want to worry about more than your health issues, because obviously you aren't in control of your own brain.

I've quit a couple times now, simply by not lighting the things and putting them in my mouth. Started again every time for the same reason; I enjoy to smoke. Why stop doing something you like?
If u want to leave it, u have to make an effort to it, for example u can buy a sweet and it takes u out the anxiety of smoking(this is a fuking eg)....and if u want to leave it u must not even speak about it, cuz in the moment u talk bout it, u want to smoke...isnt it really?....and if all the things u can do cant heal u....u can go to a place(dont know how is it called)...where u can give up smoking is very helpful...i recommend it, cuz my father used to smoke a lot and went there and he completely forgot of the cigarette and gave up smoking ^^