Ranking
Original Post
Mortal Kombat RC in Australia
Ignore the fact that the author is obviously not a gamer ("Ausrtaians safe from Mortal Kombat" what a dick title...)

Australians safe from Mortal Kombat
Alert Print Post comment Retweet Facebook
“RC” means “no sale”
By Richard Chirgwin • Get more from this author

The decision has taken publisher Warners from villain to martyr in just 24 hours. Yesterday, the company was one of the plaintiffs being reviled for their loss in Village Roadshow & others vs iiNet; today, it’s a sainted and wronged champion of freedom.

And the government will find itself giving new impetus to Internet shopping, since punters are likely to head to overseas portals to get their fix of animated gore.

The Board cited limb dismemberment, decapitation and disembowelment among the reasons for its decision, also noting the “very detailed” realistic rendering and high body count (that is, the very things fans were hoping for).

Warner has the option to appeal the decision to the Classification Review Board, or modify the game for the Australian market.®

[Source]

This one is from CNET;
If you've seen any gameplay videos of the upcoming Mortal Kombat reboot, you've probably been wondering what the Australian Censorship Board would make of all the bone-shattering, skin-flaying, head-lopping action. Well, the verdict is in and it's a big, fat no.

Australia's national classification body has refused classification for Mortal Kombat, indicating that it contains material outside of the classification criteria, like blood spray and limb dismemberment, so the game cannot be sold in Australia in its current state.

Publisher Warner Bros has released a statement expressing its disappointment in the decision but has not yet revealed whether it will resubmit a toned-down version of the game for Australian gamers.

[Source]

Pretty lame... Where is my R18+ when I need it
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
Pretty lame... Where is my R18+ when I need it

Trapped in the asshole of our retarded attorney general, I reckon'.
Shut the fuck up Todd.
Oh well, luckily ebay doesn't give a shit about our retarded attorney general...
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."