Toribash
WIP of a little number I'm making.

Flat

Preview

Great as a portrait, but its not a portrait, its a texture, need to be more aware of how it works on the sphere.
Because of low angle youre drawing it at, it sorta droops from the centre.

The scars should match the contours of what youre drawing them on. the big scar is sorta just a straight line, when it should be curving under the lip, then arching above the lip then matching the contour of the face.

Elf ears are difficult to make work on the sphere, so yeah, a pain to work with, try exaggerating the curves and arches more on that top line.
Also less contrast between the shadows and the light. light is uniform acorss the face, sort of, so dont work from the extreme highlight to the extreme shadow, the highlight is fine, but the shadow should be softer in some of the areas. its a smaller area, and the distance between the highs and lows are smaller, so the shadows shouldnt be as strong.

But ya, biggest thing is that youre working on a sphere, not a portrait.
If you want to keep that lower angle, it needs to sit higher on the sphere, tip of the nose basically sitting at the centre of the sphere. which throws the mapping for the rest of the head off massively.

That said, the drawing work is great and the touch of orange highlight above the eye is awesome.
Colour wise, I dont mind shading to black, but I know Chillz, Jebus etc always got annoyed when I did that. You should be shading to a cooler colour on the colour wheel, rather than a blacker colour.
Although that always confused me a bit when working in blues.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-

WIP

test

interesting results after my grayscale image is done.

Final result:

3d

Last edited by dengue; Sep 13, 2018 at 04:12 PM.
I love that! I think the top of the head is a bit cartoon-ish when compared to the rest. I think it throws off the over all realistic feel, as well as the purple spots below the face. Either way i really like that
I agree a bit with the chin that is purple.

the top of the head is a bit less detailed cause it isnt a focal,
I tried to keep focus on the face.
thanks for you CnC.
lit
Last edited by Veoo; Sep 16, 2018 at 07:26 PM. Reason: this post is useful fuck you
Hi, I'd like to join the organization. I've been drawing for around 12 years, on and off depending on my mood. I've experimented with many tools and ways to draw, but my favourite is the good old pencil on paper. I like to draw a bit of everything: poses, portraits, hyperrealism, characters, buildings, landscapes, creatures, character concepts etc.

I've never studied art seriously, and you can clearly see that in the examples below, but tons of video tutorials over the years helped overall. I can't say that I'm fully dedicated to art, infact I have completely different plans for the future, but from time to time I enjoy creating something.

Some of my works: thread 1 & thread 2.