Ranking
Original Post
really quick help on C++ please
here's the thing: it's exam week in my gymnasium, and we get off whenever we finish the test. I'm also doing my computer studies assignment after the tests, whenever I finish. The problem is, the teacher will only be here at 12:00 (10 minutes from now) and I need a lil' help to keep working.

so, I'm having two problems:
1:
I'm using "*int" variables to transfer information from a smaller function to the one that summoned it. Now I want that function to summon a function and put one of the same kind of variable into it when it starts. I have 3 chart variables that go there easily (I just write "functionnamehere(&variablenamehere)"), but the non-chart one (just simply "int iVariable", not "int iVariable[x]" won't and the debug says the function "can't convert parameter 4 from int** to int*"

2:
I'm also trying to add or remove 1 from such a variable (happens to be the same one) with "++" or "--" but the debug says that ""++"/"--" needs and l-value"

the variable is defined in the function that summons the one where I get the problems, but as "*int", so the summoned function can change it .
I refuse to grab.
-
Like CnC? Most people do. Be a dear and spread the love!
thumbing through the bands I be playin' with the check, keep it real 'til I die, put it on my set Tapion's Avatar
4th Dan Black Belt
I wish I had my friend here to help you, he made this huge program just for math. All the formulas he knew.

But this is more or less for toribash ammiright? or school?
Sigma | Gata
Lost pet looking for home
school. A text-based game. solved.

just so you know, the "*int" is to be handled as "int" inside the function that it was summoned (function (*integer)) with.

secondly, the adding or removing part works with one more set of brackets: (*(integer))++

Now all I have left to do is some boring writing (no problems any more, stuff I've already done), correct the small mistakes I might've made (forgetting quotes and endl's and ;'s), and the game's done. Then just write a summary to give to the teacher and make put it into a form in which it can be executed on it's own so I can hand it out to friends.

YAY

the thread is done tho.
I refuse to grab.
-
thumbing through the bands I be playin' with the check, keep it real 'til I die, put it on my set Tapion's Avatar
4th Dan Black Belt
Ok, but when you do a math program, is it like

just watch the "highlighted"
{
int main x, x2, y, y2
Sigma | Gata
can post game for us?

what kind of game?
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
donno if it counts as 3rd party shiiz, which might make it something against the rules.

if you find that out from a mod, there's no reason why not.

Mind you, though, it's only a problem-solving game with one room and one bug, and less than 5 items and environment pieces... but if you do wanna try that on the cost of 50kbits memory on your computer, I could upload it. If it's not against the rules.
I refuse to grab.
-
You can upload the prog in the segment third party...Also upload the source code file..So someone can check for malicious content also..

Also If you need some help.PM me...I'm preety good in C++ programming..
KONY 2012
thanks. I'll ask you an embarrassing question in PM (embarrassing for me -.-') and then put it up. I'll put a link to it here.

I'll surely ask you about a bunch of stuff. You don't know what you got yourself into.

the source code is on the school computer... will have to e-mail it to myself there to get it. this'll mean a delay till tomorrow, soz guys.
Last edited by Archlurps; Jan 29, 2009 at 03:33 PM.
I refuse to grab.
-
Sorry for double post, but this needs a bump (some people may have been checking this one for the game). merge the posts or infract me if necessary.

here you can find the game as a .RAR file. Sorry, you can't post .exe's here.
I refuse to grab.
-
Do you know of a small compiler I can use? that is just for compiling? I use the VS express edition to use when I learn c++, but I have serious discspace problems.
Sigma | Gata