Ranking
Original Post
Month Express: July

Hey people!

Today, on the 1st August, we're ready to present you the main events that took place in July!

Read (and watch) in this thread:

With no doubt, the main Toribash event of July for all the Toribashians who don't play the "lone wolf" game is the Clan League.
48 clans and 48 clanwars, hundreds of players and only one prize place with the title of the strongest Toribash clan.

After a, roughly speaking, not the best league of 2013, this time its organization was taken way more seriously. By using the past clan leagues' experience, the Gamemasters have made a really massive and successful event. The main issue that was rising during the CL of 2013, total players' inactivity, is now being nipped in the bud: you only have a week to play your clan war. Didn't have enough time or couldn't get enough players to compete - you lose and get knocked out.

In the Clan League 2014 clans will demonstrate their skills in the following mods: judofrac.tbm, erthtkv2.tbm, greykido.tbm and lenshu3ng.tbm.
Besides these 4 mods, each round have its own "Mystery mod" that is only being announced after that round's beginning. For example, the preliminary round mystery mod was swfixed.tbm and in the first round it is valetudofixed.tbm.

Mods are quite numerous and they're all moderately different so it is unlikely that some a bunch of aikido players who just learned to lift properly would win a clan where people play different mods. At the same time, though, there's really few mods with low gravity - only judofrac has the standard -9.82, and even erthtkv2 already has -15 gravity instead of regular taekkyon's classic settings. For some reason we won't see wushu-like mods this year either - it is considered that they're not competitive enough for big events due to the possibility of running. With all honesty though, isn't the result more important than the beauty of movements when you're playing at big events? This way the hit&run tactic seems perfect to me. After all, it's your opponent who has to catch you, and if he knows how to play wushu he'll definitely come back to you and kick your ass no matter how fast you run. Tried that myself several days ago, at least fl0wers can do that.

Some people say that the prize this year is somewhat too low for such a global event. Well really, just a crown for those who played, no matter how unique it is - that may look too cheap.
But on the other hand, let's say TGS wins this year again. Or RA does that instead, or Alpha, or Hack - that doesn't matter that much. What matters is that even if you put a 1 million TC prize, the sum each player will get will be still too low for them as most of them are already cool and rich. And this is when you start worshiping little things that you may not even be able to transfer - just because it is unique. The title of the best clan is anyway better than any sums of TC in the long run.

We will get back to the Clan League 2014 in the August's issue of Month Express, and for now we wish good luck to all the clan league competitors, - and let the best clan win!

Masters of Realism by GATA (Global Aspired Texturers and Artists) - is a rare project that could hardly be brought to life by someone else than GATA themselves.
There are lots of art events, and those monthly head texture / video / sig challenges that were held in Art section a while ago are the good example, but this event is unique. Masters of Realism is hosted by the Toribash art legends.

Honestly saying, this should have been kept for the August when the event would have been already over and we could just lie back and watch all the overwhelming entries of event's competitors. And well, it would have most probably been this way if BenDover didn't PM me saying about this event being prepared for launch several weeks ago. But he did.

As I've already written above, the organization is made by the best of the best: BenDover, Monobi, 13chillz, Jebus and GoodBox who is the main figure at this event's preparation. What's more, these guys are not just going to judge your textures, but they're going to work together with you on them. Those 9 participants who pass through the preliminary selection will be split into three teams, each mentored by one Master of Realism (13chillz, Jebus or Monobi). This way, by taking part in this competition you not only get a chance to win some good amounts of TC but also to get private lessons with the Toribash's best art guys. Sounds good, right?

The event is said to start really soon so don't miss it!

Toribash 4.9 and the new Torishop

I heard you like updates, don't you?

Toribash 4.9 is about to bring the changes that people tend to like more - I'm talking about visual updates.
Most of the stuff is still being kept in secrecy (just so that we didn't promise something and then delayed everything like Gabe did with HL2 ep3), but here's what is getting changed for sure: the ingame Torishop.

We all know that rusty old Torishop that was last time significantly changed in... 2009? I bet that it was some time around 2009 as the Toribash 3.69 I started with already had that Torishop we see today in it. It doesn't allow previewing almost a third of all items, doesn't allow purchasing items with the precious dollars you saved from your lunch, doesn't look cool and so on.

So here are some screenshots of a beta version of the new Torishop you'll all get with Toribash 4.9.

Torishop

It doesn't only look better but it is also way more functional than before. Preview timers and usertext, all hairs and 3d objects, - and even grip colors! Getting annoyed by not being able to buy Qi or TC on forum due to limitations caused by using the Steam version? These problems are getting solved.

Coming soon with Toribash 4.9.

Best Videos of the Month!

'k go

Isolations - Petrichor

This video was made as a tribute to Oracul's The Dream.
First off, I'd like to say that I really dislike the first 3 Dream videos he made. I just don't understand what people see in them - they're dull, the sky effects are all weird and excess, and showing the replay file info on the screen is way too much imo.
Here, though, everything is (surprisingly?) good - music suits the effects which don't distract you from the replays, freecam is great and in some moments I was catching myself thinking that it's the exact way parkour is being recorded in real life. And that slow-motion stuff only adds style to the whole video.
Anyway, I'm interested what'd Isolations create if he made a tribute to The DRE4M?

The next on the list is 'Foreign' by Avikaa

Cool replays, stylish editing, great colors.
There's nothing more to say actually. Good video is a good video, no matter what I type here.
Just watch it and that's all.

That's all for this time!

What to expect from August?

There seem to be lots of events popping up from everybody these days, seems like the Steam release gave the community a good boost.
Get rekt at the Clan League, try yourself at Masters of Realism and don't forget about smaller events - they are all fun too!

Also for all of you who care about GM/rb-sponsored tourneys, the great "The Best of The Champions" top is getting back in August.
We are now collecting the last logs, tidying them up and doing some sorting, - and soon you'll see who is truly the best fighter around.

See you in August!

Want to join rubash and help us at organizing events?
Think that I cannot into writing and want to have your own 'column' in the rubash's month express?
Send an application and let me know that!

Last edited by sir; Aug 15, 2014 at 06:44 AM.
There's an extra [/CENTER] in the passage somewhere, just thought I should point that out.
im very hyped with the new torishop good work and its another good thing in the game.
SWAVES IS THE REAL CHAMP!
Will 4.9 be the same for Steam and Non-Steam?
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
@scorp
This says other wise:

-Sir Quote

The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.