ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Josef Fritzl

What's the opinion of the community on this man?

are you genuinely offended by his actions, or do you just see him as an internet meme?
Last edited by H4rl3quin; Oct 2, 2009 at 03:10 AM.
He's a proper creepy looking git. Ummm... Not specifically offended, granted he did some pretty grim stuff, but it's not like it affected me. Suppose it'd be different if you were a parent with him on your street...

I do lol when I see his face on image caps though, I think it's the eyebrows & hair

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
why so basement?

User was infracted for this post. (Useless post.)
~C.
Last edited by CMon; Oct 2, 2009 at 02:32 PM.
"You didn't hurt me nothing can hurt me / nothing can hurt me nothing can stop me now"
eh, what he and that phillip garrido guy did are pretty offensive to humanity in general. Sort of anti-species flourishing. I dont really get what you are hoping to acheive with this thread, as I am willing to bet that not a sane person alive would say "he is a good man" or something.

And yeah, he is a meme...so are mudkips...

Originally Posted by skulfuk View Post
I think it's the eyebrows & hair

My first girlfriends dad had eyebrows like that...she was ok though >.>
Last edited by deady; Oct 2, 2009 at 03:51 AM.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Originally Posted by deady View Post
what he and that phillip garrido guy did are pretty offensive to humanity in general.

This is probably going to sound wrong, but that sort of thing happens all the time these days. 10, 20 years ago it would've been a complete outrage. Now it's one of those things you see on the news daily. It doesn't mean it's a good thing, or that it's not as bad because it's always happening - but you kinda get numb to it I guess. :s Sort of like if there was an air raid every day, it happens, you deal with it, life goes on for the people who aren't directly affected. Sucks I know, and as a parent you hope to hell it doesn't happen to your kids, but all the same - it's not affected me, and it's not something that stands out as particularly grim.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by skulfuk View Post
and it's not something that stands out as particularly grim.

Skulfuk, I get that it hasn't affected you and therefor its difficult to feel any real empathy, I myself would have lived my life pretty much all the same had I never heard about it all. But this shit is grim man, very. lol, maybe I'm taking it so hard because up until now I was only vaguely aware of exactly what he did, but this is some twisted stuff.

Again, I see the point you are making with being desensitized. I got more upset when I saw those youtube videos of that kid beating his cat than I do when I watch the news and learn that X amount of people died in some terrible happening.

@Harl
Also I'm guessing a big part of the reason that this is guy IS a meme is because sometimes the best way for people to wrap their heads around something is to laugh about it.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
@Harl
Also I'm guessing a big part of the reason that this is guy IS a meme is because sometimes the best way for people to wrap their heads around something is to laugh about it.

The reason it is a meme is not because it makes it easier to deal with, but because people on Encyclopediadramatica and 4chan genuinely find what he did to be amusing.
Jesus fuck, that Josef Fritzl. Even if you're internet-hardened, if you don't just read, but really really really imagine it as you read, you might think it kinda sucks more than you do already. Fritzl's daughter was kept in that cellar for over 30 years. Now don't just read that last part, really focus on it and imagine being locked in a cellar for over 30 years. And the incest-babies are pretty much apes now. Grunting as a means of communication, walking on all fours since their spines are pretty much shaped like an n because of that low roof.
I would have seriously killed myself than endured a hell like that.

I got more upset when I saw those youtube videos of that kid beating his cat than I do when I watch the news and learn that X amount of people died in some terrible happening.

Oh shit Deady, you're one of them? Holocaust, suicides, mass murders, and it's just "meh." But a single hurt kitty makes you rage?
>>The Official Guv'na Fan Club<<
o7[OLDA] pride, world wide o7

He who was the butt of the joke reserves no right to say "that wasn't funny."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Granted, what he did to his daughter in that basement is something not only frowned upon by society but also something wrong (the incest and killing babies part..). But in my opinion he's a fucking hero for saving his precious child from this awfully cruel world out there.
<Alan> lol, rutz, it might be cool to smell your ass all the time you touch the mic

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/H4rl/PS/deathnote1-2.png