Toribash
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
this also sort of applies to the post above
this isn't even true at all anymore, just read the art board rulesthis was changed when i still was smod, in mid/late 2017, iirc. all you have to do is post something like "nice, the shading is good" or "not nice, the eyes look awful", or anything like that. if people actually want constructive criticism only, they need to add the prefix to their threads.

If this is true, then the rules already affected many people to the point they don't bother to check in the art board, I know I rarely ever visit the art board anymore, only hop on on requests and jump off, I used to even enjoy posting in the art board but just seeing as how "everything" you post will just get infracted, couldn't really express any sort of opinion without having to write a paragraph. Even if something needs the smallest of cnc. It really ruined the art board imo.

rules are good but too many just pushes everyone away, wibbles 2.0 was pretty good for the most part when it was free, I personally didn't see anything bad other than the occasional goatse, that was easily fixed with a ban or just a thread deletion though, wibbles is meant to be cancer for the most part, and it was fun cause it lacked rules, it was one of the only places where you can say anything without having some staff breathing down your neck and threatening you with infractions. If I remember, wibbles was extremely active, until a paywall was added, many didn't like it but those that made the decision didn't really show remorse. I still don't even use wibbles cause I'm against that decision.

Also this gets brought up a lot, but many players have issues with staff, shouldn't that mean anything?
Should it be adressed?
I try to give the benefit of the doubt but some staff tend to get some sort of complex,
Even with community changes/additions/decisions there doesn't seem to be much staff to general population communication, I know there's the suggestions and ideas board, most of those are player ideas, would be really insightful to know what's being worked on and if it should be continued since what really makes the forums live is the players itself, when nothing is addressed or acknowledged that just seems to cause people to withdraw from posting.
Don't get me wrong, a lot of staff are pretty cool, until they are against you, then it's hard to actually be in the right, since they don't have to believe you, it's just seems they aren't people at some point. I understand you're all busy but you were once general pop once.

haha didn't think I would write this much, excuse if my structures is fucked.
Last edited by Lucy; Jun 1, 2018 at 08:31 AM.
|Evil|
I don't exist
Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
I try to give the benefit of the doubt but some staff tend to get some sort of complex

This is is very true. Plenty of staff begin to develop a complex thinking they are better than everyone else and everyone around them feels it, turning people away. I can easily list a few right here but I don't want to get banned lol.

Staff have also been very biased against me personally many times, this is the most recent thing, i'll give a quick run down

I dueled Apricity 300k vs 20$ to 3 wins (his USD), he scams me, I report him, the report gets closed within hours and nobody gets banned because USD scams aren't supported (even though Apricity is / was bos, zt)

(for backround info natejas scammed me out of a clockwork8 head first)

So I dueled my TC vs Natejas USD, he won and I scammed him since USD duels aren't supported, but guess what? I get perma banned on my main. I get it, I shouldn't have scammed, but how are you going to tell me a duel isn't valid and close my report but turn around and ban me for the same exact thing?
Toribash is an oldschool nerd game, who's inside the community loves it, and who's outside just don't understand or don't WANTS TO have patience to play.
Like, you have AAA games, games where you follow the objective and complete it;
The competitive games, where is compete with all the world;
And games like toribash, if you enter in the first time, you wont do shit and thinks "what a retard game", OR this person will uninstall thi game forever, OR will play it for a long time.
Unfortunately the majority prefers to unninstall it.
I think Toribash will be it forever, and i'm happy i was the part who likes it.
Undead Leader - Item Forger - Left-Handed - DeviantArt - Scorpius
[SIGPIC]https://cache.toribash.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4476328_4.gif[/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by McFarbo View Post
This is is very true. Plenty of staff begin to develop a complex thinking they are better than everyone else and everyone around them feels it, turning people away. I can easily list a few right here but I don't want to get banned lol.

Staff have also been very biased against me personally many times, this is the most recent thing, i'll give a quick run down

I dueled Apricity 300k vs 20$ to 3 wins (his USD), he scams me, I report him, the report gets closed within hours and nobody gets banned because USD scams aren't supported (even though Apricity is / was bos, zt)

(for backround info natejas scammed me out of a clockwork8 head first)

So I dueled my TC vs Natejas USD, he won and I scammed him since USD duels aren't supported, but guess what? I get perma banned on my main. I get it, I shouldn't have scammed, but how are you going to tell me a duel isn't valid and close my report but turn around and ban me for the same exact thing?

Yeah man, as a lurker in the staff complaint thread, I've seen countless times where staff are in the wrong or they try to be right in a shady situation where there's no real right.
Of course staff are just busy people and they make mistakes too, and I respect those that admit to it.
and obviously a lot of players complain and they are wrong, whatever but there's been many times where it seems staff are right cause they have the say, lately though seeing a staff trial being denied due to flaming is actually somewhat good to see, since also seeing that staff will almost take another staff's side (cough Kyure cough).
They even made a long post trying to defend kyure, when most new staff don't even get this much of leeway.

Big Text

Just checking out page 6 and up, you'll see how much he was defended.
Hopefully that never happens again, was fun to see it unravel tho.
Last edited by Lucy; Jun 2, 2018 at 08:28 AM.
|Evil|
I don't exist
I cannot, for whoever's sake, believe that kyure is still talked about.
To do you a favor, I checked all the reports that have been made against him. Our of all of them, the one that actually held any sort of weight (read: reasonable to fire for) was the whole avatar duel scam deal.
There were literally more reports saying "cmon kyure has too many complaints fire him" than reports that were anyhow significant.

Mcfarbo: If you have any sort of evidence that supports your "hrm staff are power fuelled fuckwads" viewpoint you can present it to literally any of the higher ups, me included. Or, if it's about us, you go higher (suo/skul/sir). And higher if you feel like those 3 are the worst, straight to hampa. Peddling this stance of "I can show you that staff are bad but I'd get banned" is a) unfounded and b) literally useless aside from broadening this gap between the playerbase and staff members that you lot like to talk about.

On the point of TB dying. As said before, TB is a niche indie game that just isn't going to be as big as minecraft or whatever. Forums barely get visited because forums generally are a time forsaken utility, but you get to enjoy the niche community they retain. The game is being updated and toyed around with to appeal to a new playerbase. TBN is getting made with more of a "let's push it to the people" standpoint. There are efforts to get this game not to die in the next few weeks.
Last edited by duck; Jun 2, 2018 at 02:44 PM.
h
Kyure was an example of how bad staff can be and there will be people backing them up, to be fair he was reported plenty of times to be kicked, not just the scam, from memory he has what it seems unreasonably banned, ruined betting servers, of course scammed, just did things without much evidence.

most of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt, cause player to staff, we most likely have clashing point of views, I talk from experience with staff, and I haven't had the best experience in the first place. I've been fucked over a few times like many others.

For example, I can't even bring up the whole tbashboii incident without being told "it's old news, should've brought it up when it happened" well the funny thing is, I brought it up plenty of times for over a week, nothing was done.

There seems to always be a devide with staff and player, when it's brought up staff doesn't seem to like hearing about it, neither do I but if it's being brought up there's something wrong. It's probably just the personality of people who end up being staff, yet lately I haven't seen many complaints against the more recent staff, it's been against older staff, and the most recent was of course the trial flaming on a server which was handled, and that was 3 weeks ago.

Also @duck, how much of player involvement is there in the development of TBN or Tb generally? I haven't really seen much, most decisions are held with higher ups. Most of the time players are kept in the dark about stuff until it's basically being released. Most I've seen are server suggestions and whatnot.
Last edited by Lucy; Jun 2, 2018 at 05:30 PM.
|Evil|
I don't exist
TBN is in the hands of Hampa. I don't see why the community should be involved in his personal project at all, we aren't exactly involved that much either. Despite that, TBN is taking things from player suggestions, namely 2v2/3v1 fights.

TB's development is hugely just UI at this point, and people can always make suggestions for the game and they are always considered.

I like talking about the divide between staff and players. But the only thing that ever gets talked about is that there is a divide and that staff are bad. There will always be a divide, because you can't expect someone who is your overseer to be on the exact same level as you. But, the divide shouldn't be something negative towards any side. So the question is, what is the divide? Why is there a divide? Why do you think staff are bad?
h
The community/game staff have practically nothing to do with what ends up in the game, when we do it's after a lot of pushing over a long period.
The same applies to knowing what's going on with development, the majority of the time we're in the dark just like users until a new version lands. The rare time we do find out something is happening is because it's mentioned in passing, or we spot something new appear.

Wasn't always the case, turn back the clock 5+ years and it was a very different story.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by duck View Post
Mcfarbo: If you have any sort of evidence that supports your "hrm staff are power fuelled fuckwads" viewpoint you can present it to literally any of the higher ups, me included. Or, if it's about us, you go higher (suo/skul/sir). And higher if you feel like those 3 are the worst, straight to hampa. Peddling this stance of "I can show you that staff are bad but I'd get banned" is a) unfounded and b) literally useless aside from broadening this gap between the playerbase and staff members that you lot like to talk about.

I never stated I can show you how staff are bad, but that I could list some (in my opinion) biased staff members.

And if you can read the issue I had with my ban in that exact post to see what I believe to be total bias for natejas (staff)

So the question is, what is the divide? Why is there a divide? Why do you think staff are bad?

The divide, in my opinion, is due to egos of both parties involved. Someone like me would be intimidated by a staff member, and some staff think they are better than others.

And I personally don't think ALL staff are bad, but I think there can be over policing, and just simply don't handle instances right sometimes and refuse to admit they are wrong.
Last edited by McFarbo; Jun 3, 2018 at 04:08 PM.
I cannot, for whoever's sake, believe that kyure is still talked about.

He's talked about because, from the second he was hired as smod, seemingly EVERYBODY (except staff) recognised this to be a shitty decision. His character, while amusing, was prone to corruption and we all knew it.

We also know the reason that he was hired was because he was sucking the dick of the NOgang (a tactic quite a lot of people used to get hired, actually). The NOgang is mostly defunct now, but for a good long time, it used to pay off to get close to them. Nepotism certainly still exists here, but at least there's no real core group of people responsible for it now (or maybe there is - I've been gone this year).

You shamelessly played the nepotism game in your ascent to power too, duck. You know you did.

As you well know, hampa doesn't give a shit, so suo/skul/sir are about as high as you can reasonably expect contact from. What happens when one of these 3 has a grudge against a player and acts out of turn? For example, removing posting permissions in General and Help. Or what happens when they childishly target and malign a user for expressing opinions about intent vs offence?

I'll tell you what happens. Nothing. Since hampa is so incredibly uninterested in the community of Toribash, these 3 are the highest authority. What they rule goes.

On 'power-fuelled fuckwads', yes, most staff are 'power-fuelled fuckwads' and the rest are just power-fuelled. Just own it. There's no reason to act like your not. Nobody acquires a staff position here because they 'want to give back to the game' or because 'I like helping'. You seek a position because of the status it holds in the community (attention + respect) and because it expands your ability to influence the workings of the game (power). It's an entirely self-interested, ego-fuelled venture. Patrician society in ancient Rome operated the same way - The name of the game is power and legacy.

So yes, staff are power-fuelled. Some are also 'power-fuelled fuckwads'. The more power a staff member begins to attain, the more likely they are to devolve into being fuckwads also. There's a famous quote - "Absolute power absolutely fuckwadizes".

So the question is, what is the divide? Why is there a divide? Why do you think staff are bad?

What are your honest thoughts about this?

Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
Wasn't always the case, turn back the clock 5+ years and it was a very different story.

What were standard operating procedures like back then and what (if any) are the reasons it can't go back to the way it was then? Assumedly Hampa just gave more of a shit back then?
Last edited by notEle; Jun 6, 2018 at 10:10 AM. Reason: *'fuckwads', not 'fucktards'