Toribash
Original Post
More skill in single player or multiplayer?
Seems like there's been a lot of discussion about topics like this, so let me add to the fire. For someone just starting off in toribash would it take more skill to be the best at multiplayer or the best at single player? What I'm saying is will he have to work harder to become the best at single player or work harder to become the best at multiplayer?

Maybe games begin.
Curious aren't you.
Not sure how you measure "skill" in singleplayer because everyones preferences are highly subjective but from my experience replaymakers spend a lot of time ingame. A lot. People considered me a prodigy when I was new and I've been more or less active ingame daily for the past 4 years. Meaning I've spent thousands of hours in singleplayer with the sole objective to become better and I still don't class myself as among the best.

sp and mp are affected diffrently by time as well. The sp scene is constantly becoming better and altough the playerbase is low at the moment meaning they don't get the recognition they deserve, we still have some of the best if not the best replaymakers active. While borders are constantly being pushed to become "the best" replaymaker the mp scene seems to be pretty consistant to me. I'm not big in mp but from my experience we have less active mp gods right now than we did say 3-5 years ago. Nuthug being my prime example

I don't think it's a fair comparison
I guess I would combine tricking and being able to demolish uke in a cool way sp skill.
Curious aren't you.
but when you say there are less MP gods I would disagree

One of the MP legends said something about it being harder to dominate now because everyone is better than they use to be

Honestly I think it depends on the person, some people will just be good at SP and some will be good at MP its a different skill.

at the moment I would say it would take longer to be the best at SP because the amount of time spent by the people currently at the top is higher
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.
Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post
but when you say there are less MP gods I would disagree

One of the MP legends said something about it being harder to dominate now because everyone is better than they use to be

Honestly I think it depends on the person, some people will just be good at SP and some will be good at MP its a different skill.

at the moment I would say it would take longer to be the best at SP because the amount of time spent by the people currently at the top is higher

I would think sp too. Just seems like it would take forever.
Curious aren't you.
SP itself has very different sets of skills, each takes a LOT of effort to master each such as tricking, running, sparring, ukebash, hacking. Someone who is pro at tricking may suck at ukebash and same for the rest.

However being pro at aikido or lenshu would be sufficient to dominate other mods with bit of understanding on the different game rules.

However, put it like this, would it be easier to win the SP replay Cup or Nabi mp event?
Both would require a huge amount of skill and dedication.

Just my thoughts.
Parkour like you've never seen before:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=423045
That's like asking which has more skill, hockey or figure skating. They are different things with different goals.
SP is for those who got beaten up so bad in MP that all they have left is spending countless hours looking pretty for the 5 people who take their time to watch replays (ORMO active memberbase).
That, or your internet is down and you have no friends. (BAD JOKES END HERE, jesus)

MP takes skill to play well. SP takes time to do well. The answer is MP.

/thread
Last edited by ynvaser; Jul 21, 2015 at 01:43 AM.
Originally Posted by ynvaser View Post
SP is for those who got beaten up so bad in MP that all they have left is spending countless hours looking pretty for the 5 people who take their time to watch replays (ORMO active memberbase).

MP takes skill to play well. SP takes time to do well. The answer is MP.

/thread

Wow such arrogance, because Jaker, Orko and Nuthug clearly suck at MP and only reason they do SP is because they suck at MP. Get a load of yourself, you couldnt do the things people like larfen, jisse and well Jaker do. Toribash isnt hard to do "Skill/mechanic wise" its just learning what different joint combinations do and executing them fast in MP while reacting to the other player, and executing them perfectly in SP to make it look good and smooth. To say that the other takes more skill is ridiculously cocky.

Skill manifests itself in many ways.
Last edited by cowmeat; Jul 21, 2015 at 12:59 AM.