people playing: 148, servers online: 48, games played: 135,947,819 Top Player: Shmevin

Toribash Community » Toribash » Events
Register FAQ General Rules Community
Closed Thread

Old Jul 27, 2017   #11
Karbn

7th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Vector

who will the judges be for this event? lovely mod btw, i'm definitely going to try to create a replay for this
~(Mystic)|[Vector]|(Darwin)~
leader of team 'Arbn'
Old Jul 28, 2017   #12
DashSora
Event Mod Squad

Master Belt
Clan: Rain

Originally Posted by Karbn View Post
who will the judges be for this event? lovely mod btw, i'm definitely going to try to create a replay for this

They'll be four very trusted Rain Clan members. I'd rather keep their individual names on the hush for now, hope y'all understand

also, <3
Old Jul 31, 2017   #13
MagnusSol

Blue Belt

Dash, as always, your mods are incredibly fun to work with and conveniently offer unique paths to anyone skilled enough. I'm sorry if the replay as a whole is ugly but I was aiming for something interesting to watch and making it took every ounce of the knowledge that I've accumulated over the past 8 years and even then just doing it was hard enough. Making it look good as well? Never! Anyways, I hope you and your judges enjoy it. Cheers.

This is my entry.
Attached Files
File Type: rpl Here Goes Nothing Said No One Ever.rpl (4.46 MB, 56 views)
Climbing like you've never seen before (parody of xlr84life's thread):
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread...44#post9187844

Last edited by MagnusSol; Jul 31, 2017 at 06:32 AM..
Old Jul 31, 2017   #14
DashSora
Event Mod Squad

Master Belt

Originally Posted by MagnusSol View Post
Dash, as always, your mods are incredibly fun to work with and conveniently offer unique paths to anyone skilled enough. I'm sorry if the replay as a whole is ugly but I was aiming for something interesting to watch and making it took every ounce of the knowledge that I've accumulated over the past 8 years and even then just doing it was hard enough. Making it look good as well? Never! Anyways, I hope you and your judges enjoy it. Cheers.

This is my entry.

Thank you man ! It's a very nice first entry

Everyone else, you still have 20ish days ! get to work :3
Old Jul 31, 2017   #15
inmmortal8

3rd Dan Black Belt

Alright..so im in the middle of doing this(awesome mod,btw),i got 2 questions.

1.Can we grab(please tell me that yes,i dont wanna start over from scratch)

2.And what if we accidentally hurt ourselves on accident?
The Nutbreaker is The Most Infamous move ever,and there is no way in hell you can deny that.-Johnny Cage
Old Jul 31, 2017   #16
MagnusSol

Blue Belt

"Accidentally hurt ourselves on accident"

I'll answer those questions for you, Sora, because I have nothing better to do and because this guy is funny.

To answer #1... Yes you can grab. Why wouldn't you? However I'm going to assume that in a skill perspective when evaluating a replay, the guy who grabs is going to make a lot less of an impressive first impression whereas the guy who does the same things that the other guy had to grab to do but now does them without grabbing is obviously going to be better rewarded at the end of the day. This is just my opinion but it IS shared by most people who still parkour nowadays. Grabbing is perhaps the most looked down thing in a parkour replay and instantly marks you as a complete noob so the key aspect when doing parkour is to learn how to climb and move around without grabbing.

As for #2, I think that you can be a big boy and figure out how to edit the replay before your little "accident" to prevent it and as said before, you're aloud to do it but it makes you look less skilled than you actually are UNLESS you do it on purpose to do something cool. In that case go right ahead.

Cheers.
Climbing like you've never seen before (parody of xlr84life's thread):
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread...44#post9187844
Old Aug 1, 2017   #17
inmmortal8

3rd Dan Black Belt

This is my entry.

It looks akward.a lot.Still,was fun to do+first parkour map i have ever completed.Feels good.

That chopper is pretty damn fast,btw
Attached Files
File Type: rpl Speedrunned this thing(not really).rpl (1.17 MB, 34 views)
The Nutbreaker is The Most Infamous move ever,and there is no way in hell you can deny that.-Johnny Cage
Old Aug 1, 2017   #18
Shikkumo

5th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Evolution

i'll be submitting my replay in some days
when i get the time.
~Shikkumo
Old Aug 2, 2017   #19
Hyrozen

Black Belt
Clan: Baguette

Hey DashSora
I participate in your event which looks really awesome
Gl all
Old Aug 3, 2017   #20
DashSora
Event Mod Squad

Master Belt

Good luck y'all

inmmortal8 : your replay doesn't violate any rules, and is valid. Thanks for participating !
Closed Thread