ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Oldschool impostors
Hello there.

We have recently found a bunch of oldschooler impostors.
These guys are people who tried to use someone else's registration key to become oldschool members. (users with + before their names)

I am making these users public.

Please note that even if you try to copy someone's reg key, you wont be an oldschool member anymore.

These are the people who copied someone's reg key:

Facade
lsl
The_KILLER
Petahh
Gustikayi
DrAdraen
NullEnigma
ThorsHampa
Andrzej
Magix
Exie
hysui
AcidMan2007
Pacman
Yama
Firelessdemon
evets
EurekaThurston
Danielle
Tint
Larry
Chamele0n
DronAngel
felipao
virus128KZ
andrzej18
rosher
Archer13
BBB
fwiffo
JtR
Juggernewt
Kaan
kalach
LXF
Matta
nicholasg
Radishes
Released
Revdin1
ritualist
SirWesley
xirick

Note that these people were stripped of their ability to use custom tusertitles/avatars/signatures.

I will be searching for other fake reg keys and those who I find will all end up like them.

If you got something to complain, email support.
Last edited by Dargon; Oct 3, 2012 at 02:50 AM. Reason: removed sil on his request

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

Originally Posted by Peter View Post
So, Dargon, you're trying to tell me that those memories of when you proudly wore that plus.... those memories are so strong that FIVE years later, you can't just accept that most people know you're old school?

But hey, I'm just being silly. It's cause I went against the grain. Someone had to argue, that's how this forum is.

Honestly, I don't really care. I was here even before "+" thingy, and probably will stay here even longer.. Also, I don't even remember last time I've had my plus visible. Sadly my tilde overides it.

Originally Posted by NMae12 View Post
but its just a +

why should your joindate mean anything

brb elite cos i joined the site in 2007

am I old school enough

That "plus" is something we paid for. Well, we got that 2k head texture and "private" board, but that's it. (But I still want my beard!)

Join date has never really had anything to do with well, anything.

My personal view about "fake old schoolers"?

Lame.
< Larfen> also my replay thread has more views than the rules thread \o/

...This probably explains most problems in this community.
Ok so, after reading your word lame, I kinda thought about it differently. I imagined someone telling me that they had skated with so many pros, has been to every skatepark and bragged about it heaps. Then when we eventually went skating together, he was absolutely shithouse and it was evident that he had never met someone who was on flow with a company, let alone pro.

So I guess the same principle. These "imposters", if you may, are pretty much trying to prove their worth, trying to prove that they're sicker than the average toribashian.

Agreed, lame.
lol
I'm all for the crackdown of the imposters and whatnot, but I honestly think there's no shame or undermining in an old-school player using their reg key for an alternate account; I can see the ideology behind prohibiting it, though, since they would have probably had to buy two reg keys for each account back then, but come on. They threw $20.00 towards the game back then, so it's a little unfair in my eyes to punish them for trying to display their veteran status on a new account.

Good job on tracking down the others, though, and thanks for putting the time into it. It's always good to see the community being cleaned up and set straight.
[elite] Sarutobi ~ Ryland Gomez [elite]
It's funny because some of these are alts or bought keys of other people or had someone steal their key, but because they are inactive all the newfags will think they are some kind of shameful people :P

I think that is funny at least.
I think they should have had the code change everytime the game was purchased to prevent stuff like this from happening.
Originally Posted by Onku View Post
I think they should have had the code change everytime the game was purchased to prevent stuff like this from happening.

...It did.

Everyone got a unique key to use. What happened here was that someone either gave their key to someone else after they had already registered, or they tried to use their key on a different account, like an alt.
[18:04:54] <aracoon> Eureka is a powerhungry fag
[13:13] <Eureka> also dota is kinda for pigfuckers
[13:13] <jalis> ban eureka
[13:13] <jalis> thanks
Oh, I get it now.

well that blows.

Funny how people got it taken away.

People payed for it sometimes.