Toribash
Original Post
Toribank - Beta Testing
I thought i'd let you in on something I've been working on for the past 12 hours. It's not meant to be a robust solution to all the worlds problems, but more of a proof-of-concept that might result in something "official" later on.

Basically, Toribank is an automated user that takes commands via PMs, and manages funds in accounts that way. Account owners have the ability to add and remove account managers who can also manage funds in the accounts. The main target group of this feature is clans who share resources among them. Currently this is done by a shared account, despite being against the rules. With a bank system it's easier to share TC in a group, plus logging keeps track of who's using up all the TC.

This post/thread will only serve as startup. The most up to date info can be found here: http://toribash.jarmund.net/toribank.txt

As the title says, this system consists of around 600 lines of spagetti-code that i've baked together for the past 12ish hours, so keep that in mind when trying to break it.

From looking at the console right now, i think it's worth mentioning that all commands are to be sent in UPPERCASE... RTFM..

Oh, and this being beta, and all... use at your own risk. If you lose money to the bank, then there's no refund. However, on the flipside, if you manage to find a loophole and gain money, you get to keep it (bug reports appreciated, tho).
Update: Most teething problems should be weeded out now. I would consider it safe for clans to transfer TC over to toribank.
Last edited by Jarmund; Nov 28, 2011 at 12:35 PM.
Old banking I mean making a simple toribash account
I still dont have a bank account yet I dont need it yet
(\(\(\ My work /)/)/)
/)
_('ω'(Q) Have a Banana
Originally Posted by KillTheCook View Post
Old banking I mean making a simple toribash account
I still dont have a bank account yet I dont need it yet

....and risk having the entire clans resources go down the drain once the bank account is permabanned for shared login. Yup, definitely the way to go (yes, that was sarcasm).
Originally Posted by Jarmund View Post
....and risk having the entire clans resources go down the drain once the bank account is permabanned for shared login. Yup, definitely the way to go (yes, that was sarcasm).

Im not talking for clan banks Im talking for personal bank accounts
-----
I dont see any response I register to it sent 20 tc with my accountname first there and sent STATUS and nothing
Last edited by KillTheCook; Nov 27, 2011 at 04:39 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
(\(\(\ My work /)/)/)
/)
_('ω'(Q) Have a Banana
Wow, this seems crazy useful.
Probably gonna use it when all the faults 'n stuff are cleared out.

Nice job, Jarmund.
BAD LUCK
Originally Posted by firebolty View Post
Wow, this seems crazy useful.
Probably gonna use it when all the faults 'n stuff are cleared out.

Nice job, Jarmund.

Well, from the looks of it right now, the faults 'n stuff are cleared out, as I fix them on the fly, hehe. Feel free to toss 123 TC in there and try break it any way you can.
-----
Originally Posted by KillTheCook View Post
Im not talking for clan banks Im talking for personal bank accounts
-----
I dont see any response I register to it sent 20 tc with my accountname first there and sent STATUS and nothing

I can confirm that you do have an account with 20 tc in it. As for the STATUS, i'm guessing you're the one who simply replied to toribank, not realizing that the "RE: " was still in the title? Try sending STATUS again, and doublecheck your spelling and whatnot.

Also, you don't need to ADDMAN yourself. You're automatically owner, and owner is above managers. Managers are other people that you add that you for whatever reason want to have access to the account.
Last edited by Jarmund; Nov 27, 2011 at 04:45 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Quite a great idea this is. But is there a certain command to delete my account from the toribank? (Just in case I had to, didn't think of a good reason now). And I don't mean manager, I mean the owner.
<&Erth> fagm <&Erth> duck <&Erth> *fuck
Fagm duck fuck everyone.

Originally Posted by EJM View Post
Quite a great idea this is. But is there a certain command to delete my account from the toribank? (Just in case I had to, didn't think of a good reason now).

Nope, but I'll probably add one later at one point. But like you say, i don't see a good reason why you'd want to. If you want to close an account, just WITHDRAW all the funds from it, and leave it dead.
Alright fair enough.

And one more thing. Is it currently trusted enough to send all our clan bank funds to the toribank? Or should we wait a bit longer for it to be more reliable?
<&Erth> fagm <&Erth> duck <&Erth> *fuck
Fagm duck fuck everyone.

Originally Posted by EJM View Post
Alright fair enough.

And one more thing. Is it currently trusted enough to send all our clan bank funds to the toribank? Or should we wait a bit longer for it to be more reliable?

While it should in theory be reliable enough as it is, it's still beta. However, if you choose to do so, send me a PM with the account name, and i'll make sure that one is retained if i need to reset it (although i think it unlikely that such a need would arise). Seeing as it's probably a lot more TC than the average test seen so far, I would be willing to make an exception in regards to the "no refund" policy.. besides, having it tested on a large scale with account managers would be convenient.

----

Come to think of it, if everything does go to shits, it's a fairly easy ordeal to close all accounts and transfer whatever funds were in them to the account owner...
Last edited by Jarmund; Nov 27, 2011 at 05:32 PM.