Toribash
Original Post
Some original video game ideas
With a ton of indie games with cool ideas coming out into the gaming community, I was wondering if anybody on these forums have a cool idea that could potentially make a good game, for example, story-plots, game mechanics/gameplay, or other cool elements. I started out by teaching myself GML and am slowly moving up to C# (programming languages), and after learning these, my brain is dead and can't think of my own ideas. So if your idea for a video game is good enough I my develop one centered around the idea, and then distribute it for free to the community!

FYI: I am not amazing at programming and only have touched the surface of 2D development and I not that great at 3D. Simpler ideas will have a better chance of being produced. Regardless, post any great ideas!

Chuck Norris is jealous of my mad skills
Maybe a Adventure Horror indie game that takes place in a Hospital. You wake up to find dead people everywhere. (Like the walking dead opening almost but not quite).

*Also, if you're an anime fan. There's an anime called Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo. Where the main character decides to make a video game. (Not what the whole thing is about). It's a very good show. I recommend it. It's what my profile is based on. It has some good things about games too.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Tacopuncher 3 (there is no 1 or 2)

This is a platform game where you go on an adventure and battle to become the best mexican junkfood.
It has 3 bosses

Burro (the giant burrito)
Los hermanos quesedillas (they leave a hot cheese trail that damages you)
Tacillo (your son who never wanted to be a taco and betrayed you)

i am a bird now - Lil B

So how about a game that could be called: Unidentified Crime.
So this game could be about cheating off a test or worse, but you have to commit a crime, there will be many different ways to do it and there will be loads of interactive objects. You have to figure out how to do this said crime, may it be: murder, stealing something etc etc. by using interactive objects to make it look natural and that nobody did it, there will be multiple ways where you can get caught, but also multiple ways you can complete it without nobody knowing.
Frogs never die.
No more people in my sig.
Originally Posted by WeooWeoo View Post
Maybe a Adventure Horror indie game that takes place in a Hospital. You wake up to find dead people everywhere. (Like the walking dead opening almost but not quite).

*Also, if you're an anime fan. There's an anime called Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo. Where the main character decides to make a video game. (Not what the whole thing is about). It's a very good show. I recommend it. It's what my profile is based on. It has some good things about games too.

Yes sakurasou

Also, some idea.

space jam the game :v
or just take racing game + shooter
literally heaven
i want an rts game where you need to infect a human body and need to fight off white blood cells and antibiotics

Originally Posted by WeooWeoo View Post

isn't this every horror game ever though?
oh yeah
Originally Posted by pusga View Post
i want an rts game where you need to infect a human body and need to fight off white blood cells and antibiotics

isn't this every horror game ever though?

No, not EVERY one. But even if it's a similar setting. It can be completely unique if you go with different things.
-----
Five Nights at Freddy's takes place in a Pizza Place. :P
Last edited by WeooWeoo; Mar 6, 2015 at 02:59 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Timekeeper

You play as a personalized character who has acquired a certain watch through an event you can explain in the intro of the game. This 'certain' watch has the power to time-travel into the past and future. At the start of the game, you can begin learning how to use this watch and going through random events in history and possible events in the future. During this time-travel segment you can include a few well known events in history to show the player this game respects history and doesn't tell it's own story.

So, after the tutorial you can take this character through their daily live with random time-travels to help themselves (and maybe others). These time-travels can be controlled by the user simply by looking at the watch and selecting a time and date that is before or has not yet occurred in their present. From this point you can make the game an open world game in which you are free to explore whatever location they are in with the power to time-travel whenever they want. Or if you are feeling ambitious you can create a unique story line. Such as the owners of this watch you found try to hunt you down and kill you for abusing the watches power.

I'll be honest, I came up with all of that as I went a long. The word "timekeeper" came into my mind and I just thought of all that in a minute. Any who, hope it's not to complex for you to work with if you decide to go with it.
Hello, how are you?
Originally Posted by okaii View Post
Timekeeper

You play as a personalized character who has acquired a certain watch through an event you can explain in the intro of the game. This 'certain' watch has the power to time-travel into the past and future. At the start of the game, you can begin learning how to use this watch and going through random events in history and possible events in the future. During this time-travel segment you can include a few well known events in history to show the player this game respects history and doesn't tell it's own story.

So, after the tutorial you can take this character through their daily live with random time-travels to help themselves (and maybe others). These time-travels can be controlled by the user simply by looking at the watch and selecting a time and date that is before or has not yet occurred in their present. From this point you can make the game an open world game in which you are free to explore whatever location they are in with the power to time-travel whenever they want. Or if you are feeling ambitious you can create a unique story line. Such as the owners of this watch you found try to hunt you down and kill you for abusing the watches power.

I'll be honest, I came up with all of that as I went a long. The word "timekeeper" came into my mind and I just thought of all that in a minute. Any who, hope it's not to complex for you to work with if you decide to go with it.

2 complex for me. sell this idea to Valve. for the HL 3 launch date.

my idea:
the story has Kile Nees, as a treasure hunter, which finds an ancient and powerful object, which gives you a superpower of your choice. before you can use this item, the ruins are collapsing and you have to escape. after this level, the object has a powerful light which lets you choose the power. you can personalize your power, its type, and after you have chosen, you will find some weapons: a staff, a sword, axe, or hammer. every weapon has its fighting style, so you can test them before making the final decison. after you find this object,you find out your loved ones have been catched by a phantom company, and it tries to stop you. it is an open world game, with full destructive world, and lots of places to parkour.
Wow guys this is great! Please keep the ideas coming and I will soon choose one to start working on. Keep in mind that I am a single person and not a team of programmers, some of these ideas are great but would simply be too much for one person to develop. I will try my best though. I am also considering creating a poll and have everyone vote on their favorite idea once all the ideas in or just stop coming.
Last edited by ChuckTori; Mar 7, 2015 at 03:40 PM.

Chuck Norris is jealous of my mad skills