Ranking
Originally Posted by fat0ninja View Post
I dunno, but richness is hard to calculate. Some people own a lot of property, while others own companies.

These "top rich lists" are generally calculated on public net worth... that is, if they were able to sell all of their current possessions (including companies, land, etc) for what their appraised value currently is, X is the amount of money they'd have... and how much they're 'worth'.

Note, again, that that's PUBLIC net worth... many sultans and political figures in the middle east prefer not to be particularly public about their wealth, other than utilizing some very expensive assets (cars, palaces, etc).

Originally Posted by Palaxius View Post
Bill Gates owns Microsoft. Gee, abut $100,000 is loose change for him.

Someone once illustrated (and it might have been Gates himself) that if he dropped $1000 on the ground while on the way to work, it would not be worth his time to pick it up.
well historically (taking inflation into account) J.D. Rockafeller would be the richest ever at around $100 billion personal wealth. but the richest now is actually rather difficult to calculate because so much wealth is hidden and never made public. it is generally accepted that Bill Gates is the wealthiest but who knows?
VERY IMPORTANT: THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE. IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME THEN PM ONAMIST.
Originally Posted by ToriDeath View Post
yeah i kinda heard.
62 billion is alot i heard Bill Gates was around 60 billion :|
I thought Bill Gates own Microsoft or was it APPLE?

Bill Gates DISCOVERED microsoft, And he is the 3rd richest person.
Originally Posted by Zip0 View Post
Bill Gates DISCOVERED microsoft, And he is the 3rd richest person.

Bill Gates never 'discovered' Microsoft. He founded it. If he discovered it then it would have already been there but he was the first to find it.
Originally Posted by Zip0 View Post
And he is the 3rd richest person.

Thats correct :9

First really good fact I found in this thread.
I'll give you another fact the said to be in forbes 3rd richest person Carlos Slim Helu & family is originally from Lebanon,in the same country which I belong,I believe he once was the richest man on earth.
Your messed up world enthrills me
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
bill gates WAS the richest man in the world, untill oprah came along, dont know about now though

Pfff-HAHAHAHA!

Originally Posted by calebgamb View Post
Bill Gates is rich. You know why? Windows=98.9999 percent of all people. Linux= 50.1 percent. OsFail , aka osx is 2 percent. Out of like 152. Im good at maths, really.

Agh... Percentage is a number over 100. (No not 'OVER' 100... The numerator, with 100 being the denominator.) Anyway, Your stating that we have a population of 7,000,000,000... +152%?

Also, my mac is awesome and is way faster than my Windows piece of crap. I mainly use mine for gaming. So hah. Apple deserves more than a 2% mark on the entire world's computer usage.
Last edited by raydark101; Nov 5, 2009 at 06:40 PM.
Oprah is not a man...atleast i dont think :I
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[BISH] | [TRG] | [Clanless] | [LLAMA] | [WL] | [SS]
.:: Azir Signature And Avvy Shop::.
Shook Made Dis ^]
Yes William Gates and Warren do Switch on and off every now and then :I
but according to Forbes William gates is first Warren Bufett is second and Carlos Slim is 3rd :'D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[BISH] | [TRG] | [Clanless] | [LLAMA] | [WL] | [SS]
.:: Azir Signature And Avvy Shop::.
Shook Made Dis ^]