Ranking
View Poll Results: Do you think 13 year olds should be allowed to vote?
Yes
12 Votes / 13.95%
No
74 Votes / 86.05%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
Do you think kids should be able to vote?
It's for my debate at school. Do you think kids should be able to vote? By kids I mean 13 year olds.
chairs
NO
They'll probably just vote for someone who looks cool.
You know popularity contest?
unless they are willing to bribe millions of kids, who could easily admit they were bribed, thats probably not a problem.
and no, its best that kids get a chance to experience the impacts of politics before they can make a descision for themselves
Founder of raku

absolutely not. they don't know enough about the world and how it works to make a good decision
VERY IMPORTANT: THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE. IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME THEN PM ONAMIST.
As long as they're above a certain IQ.

Actually, that should apply to everyone.
infamous
Absolutely not.
Although there may be certain individuals that may be a notch above the others, the average intelligence of people that age is not enough to formulate a valid opinion of the candidates.
For example, a majority of the opinions 13 year olds would form would be things like, "Oh he has a really good speaking voice", "I really like how this guy looks, he has cool hair". Random nonsense along that line.
They will not be able to take in the actual arguments, in order to make an opinion based on the issues for the better good of the country.

So, my opinion is no.
Back in my day...
They wouldn't have a clue at that age. What a shit debate.

Too young to make rational decisions.
lol
no, they propably vote for someones funny (read stupid ;])
WILD POLISH LADY
yeah, look at who all the kids voted for this year, (most 18-22 year olds, voted for president Barack Obama) and that's because he was hip, and young