Ranking
View Poll Results: Do you think 13 year olds should be allowed to vote?
Yes
12 Votes / 13.95%
No
74 Votes / 86.05%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Originally Posted by AlexOwnz View Post
Absolutely not.
Although there may be certain individuals that may be a notch above the others, the average intelligence of people that age is not enough to formulate a valid opinion of the candidates.
For example, a majority of the opinions 13 year olds would form would be things like, "Oh he has a really good speaking voice", "I really like how this guy looks, he has cool hair". Random nonsense along that line.
They will not be able to take in the actual arguments, in order to make an opinion based on the issues for the better good of the country.

So, my opinion is no.

Couldn't have put it better myself. When I was 13 I can honestly say I had no clue about who was leading which party and whatnot.
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'm just sad that I can't give myself one
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'd have a great time
Not really, even smart kids are easily influenced by their friends and parents.
But kids really need power, voting is not the way tho'.
Clan Blood Leader
Absolutely not. There are a lot of kids at my school who have no idea what conservative or liberal even means. Also, a ton of them, if allowed to vote, would have gone for Obama (because he's a brotha!). Not that it would have made any difference. Obama is proof that America's population is now, as a majority, low-class, ignorant, welfare-cheating slobs, who want nothing more than free food and shelter from a liberal government. Kids are far too stupid to vote IMO.
[Piratez]
I am neither Oyster nor lsl.
which is exactly why they shouldn't be able too, the right to vote means that you as a individual human american, can choose who you want to manage your country, and no one should be able to change that, have a great day :^3
In my opinion, kids should be given a test about the topic they are voting for. Specifically voting for the president, such as "What is (insert name here) doing about healthcare? ___________". Something along those lines.
[Urban] | Ormo | Team Sambo

I'm taking offers for my set
At least 16, or 17. 18 is a shitty voting age. If we're old enough to decide how our future lifes are going to be at 15, then we should have a fucking say in whoever runs the country we're going to be growing up and working in.

Hopea: Teens/adults are also easily influenced, that's why the candidates throw huge campaigns and bribe the media to make them look good.

There are just as many politically educated teens as there are adults, and there are both stupid teens and stupid adults. Take america for example, how the hell did they end up with Bush?

This has probably already been said, I'm too tired to read. Blech.

EDIT: hydrotoxin: You will not use this thread as an outlet for your republican propaganda. Fucking moron (and borderline racist too). Because he's a brotha? Suck my dick.
Last edited by dalir; Nov 9, 2009 at 10:01 PM.
|11:33| »» [shark] so you're saying that you just paid 80 euros for pussy
|11:33| »» [Quit] [x] shark [[email protected]] [Quit:]
kids, should not. teen, might be. kis are influenced by their parents too much to decide againts them.
Clanless? Join The Chosen Ones User was supported by SAN STUDIOS!
13 year olds definitely wouldn't pay enough attention to politics to make an educated decision. At least not any 13 year old I've ever met. In fact some adults don't either.
iCoF l OLDA l OoT
COGNITION OF FRUITS
Originally Posted by hydrotoxin View Post
Obama is proof that America's population is now, as a majority, low-class, ignorant, welfare-cheating slobs, who want nothing more than free food and shelter from a liberal government. Kids are far too stupid to vote IMO.

...Or people care about other people's well-being. Your life, and everyone else's is far more important than money. Learn some fucking compassion. Only 1% of the world's population owns 98% of the world's wealth.

That is, quite simply, wrong.

IF people were truly ignorant, they would have voted for McCain. And then you'd all be fucked. Obama hasn't started any wars. He hasn't neglected a city in a crisis. He's made it so that anyone can walk into a hospital and recieve free treatment for ailments. HOW is that a bad thing?
infamous