Toribash
their not bad but that was a horrible live version.

their obviously popular because of GH3, but Ive heard that song so much its starting to wear on my nerves.
FUCKING MAGNETS EVERYWHERE IN THIS BITCH
I don't just "Don't like them". I dislike them.

First off- I don't like "Epic metal" too much. And all their lyrics includes "So far awaaaaaaaaay!" and something about dragons owning humans. And cold winters.

Second: The instrumental isn't music. It's just a random pattern of tapping. Not even a scale or note to be found. Look at concert records with Dragonforce, and I promise you, you'll hate them.
They sound terrible live. Absolutely horrible live band.
I have left Toribash, but will drop in occasionally on the forums and IRC. Still in Sigma.
Originally Posted by aslask View Post
I don't just "Don't like them". I dislike them.

First off- I don't like "Epic metal" too much. And all their lyrics includes "So far awaaaaaaaaay!" and something about dragons owning humans. And cold winters.

Second: The instrumental isn't music. It's just a random pattern of tapping. Not even a scale or note to be found. Look at concert records with Dragonforce, and I promise you, you'll hate them.

If they're tapping, they're playing a note(s).
If they're playing within the western context of music, they're using the 12 tone, and that includes the chromatic scale.

So yes, they're playing Notes and Scales.
You do know all of their music is a production of studio magic, right?
In other words: They speed up all their songs, they can't play their parts at the recorded speed live, at all.

My friends saw them a ozzfest or something last year, and they were terrible.
They stopped half way through all their songs to re-tune their guitars and take a break.

To Sum it all up, I think they don't even deserve a record deal, they can't even play their instruments.
Dragonforce are a sham imo. I have seen them irl and watched them many times on the net. There prerecorded stuff sounds almost completely different from their live set. This is many due to them not actually being able to play like that in a non studio/editable environment.

Here is a small example. This is a "Betcha cant play this" vid from the fags.

If you need more evidence just search for anything they have done live. They suck and wont fail to disappoint you.

To see how this vid should have been handled I suggest you watch Rusty Cooley's Betcha..
Last edited by Ern; Feb 4, 2009 at 03:18 AM.
-----------------------------------------
Org's :: OldA OoT OrMo
Originally Posted by ID12345 View Post
heres some youtube song of Trough the fire and flames
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PtsLFiob0o

I haven't lol'd so hard in a while. Because the guitarist tripped over another guitarist's foot and fell off the stage at precisely 49 seconds.

Some of Dragonforce songs I liked. Maybe because the vocals made it much better. But that's just me.
Last edited by flubbah; Feb 13, 2009 at 12:07 PM.
It makes me wonder..