Toribash
Re: have u gotten the ps3 yet?
Originally Posted by Qegola
Originally Posted by Patrick
Originally Posted by Hound
Whereas I cant say the PSP wasn't more successful, you can only compare that example and the PS3/Wii arguement in an ideal world. Which console had a bigger market share out of XBox, PS2 and Gamecube? After that, tell me which console had the best selling game, and then which game had the highest profit made on one game of all time?? PS2 was bigger, but XBox had the bestselling game, and XBox made the most off one game- Halo 2- which beat all records on it's first day of release. Although they should both corralate, they don't. The reason PS2 had a bigger market share was because you had to buy more of them. My first PS2 broke a month after I got it. I got my XBox at the same time. This was christmas 2003. My XBox, although it sometimes fudges with a few game every now and then, still works a treat most of the time. I don't know anyone who has bought more than 1 XBox, yet I know several who have had to buy 2,3,4 and in one case 7 PS2s.

This has gone on slightly too long, and I'm ranting. If you really want to read that up there and pay attention to it (and that is all factual, I can guarantee that) then go ahead. But my point is (which didn't come across clearly) was that the PS3 will most likely follow in the footsteps of the PS2 rather than the PSP. And the PS2 sucked

I bought my PS2 before the Xbox even came out and it is still working perfectly right now. My friend had an Xbox and it just died. It stopped working completely. Also the PS2 was infinetly better than the gamecube and the Xbox. The gamecube only had 2 good games (RE4 and SMSB) and the Xbox doesnt have any good games that i can think of.

Originally Posted by Apollox99
I'm not going to get the Ps3 because I already own an Xbox 360, It's that simple. Not many give The Xbox 360 the respect it deserves seriously wheres the respect.?
p.s. Nice speech Hound.

It doesnt really deserve that much respect. What is the point of haveing it if all the games eventually come out for the PC for less money and better graphics. Also the only game that looks any good and original on it is Gears of War.

Bloodhound gave majority examples. One reason why the PS2 had a second model come out was because the PS2 had a limited lifespan (FACT) - I know only one person who still has a working original, and it was because she never played it.

XBox's are far more durable than the original PS2 in such a respect, so that argument, Pat, is completely null.

Also, infinitely better? XBox was... twice as powerful as the PS2... If you say 'infinite' as 'half', then you may just be right.
And if you turn to the oh so fateful arguement that many have turned to, 'Microsoft are money whores' I'll let you know- they only started making a profit off the XBox franchise last year. Plus, Microsoft, as a company, are not that high in terms of value.

hah lol i have a working ps2 ORIGINAL and i use it all the time, probabley more than my 360 and i bought it when it first came out
This is the Emergency Alert System. All normal programming has been discontinued during this emergency.
Re: have u gotten the ps3 yet?
I also have a working original and it is used daily. It has seen that much use that the rubber on the analogue sticks has come off!

I also have a PS2 mini, the reason: It takes up less space in my room (I am at University). By leaving the original at home, it still gets more use from my brother.

My brother is a Nintendo fan by the way, but for some reason, he plays my XBox and PS2 more than his gamecube / GBA / etc. Infact, I play his Nintendo stuff more than him since I borrowed his N64 (great for a quick run with some drunk friends on GoldenEye) and his GameBoy Color.
I has a flavour