Ranking
Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
Might use it more just for casual play but not competitive stuff.
How long did it run for?
That 58 players that played more then 100 games is sad af.

I used to play 100 matches per day for like two weeks at one point with a 200 TC booster. 100 matches in a month doesn't seem all that sad to me...
[20:07] <@SpartaCraft> This is the sexiest potato I've ever made.
100 matches in a day is sad, in a month, that's easy as heck, you only need 3-4 games a day. XD
I think the community is great, one of the best around. It's small but it has great members
I don't need weapons, my hands are more than enough to kill you
Yeah, it being small attributes to it's greatness. Since we're so small, we band together so there aren't many "groupings" of people. We all are real tight.
Game is dead jk

User received infraction - Useless post (Don't do this everyone)
Last edited by ed; May 6, 2017 at 04:42 PM.
"I love being called daddy"~Karbn 2k17
Hahah, that's great. Anyways, I think that yes we've determined that the community is pretty alive, it's just a small community, and that's what makes Toribash the best community. YAY.
Originally Posted by MrMiyagy View Post
Hahah, that's great. Anyways, I think that yes we've determined that the community is pretty alive, it's just a small community, and that's what makes Toribash the best community. YAY.

And I've determined you're talking out of your ass. Sorry.

The community is not only small. It is in fact getting smaller and smaller and it is slowly dying. Most servers are empty. Virtually the only people who still actively play the game are on ABD or Wushu.

Veteran players are fleeing the game, being discouraged by lack of actual updates. Physics haven't been fixed for 10 GODDAMN YEARS.

Instead servers with active players like taekyon, kickboxing or gtboxing are getting shut down just because some 14 year old with an anime avatar cried about getting his ass handled to him on the forums.

Don't forget the matchmaking system that is empty and slow.

Don't forget the ranking system that is totally flipped around every time kids on the forum cry.

Biggest problem is in fact related to the micro community of the toribash forums. The game devs are more interested in forum drama than in what people who actively play the game have to say. This is the only conclusion I can come up with after seeing servers like kickboxing and gtboxing getting removed overnight.
Originally Posted by RadexHEJOO View Post
And I've determined you're talking out of your ass. Sorry.

The community is not only small. It is in fact getting smaller and smaller and it is slowly dying. Most servers are empty. Virtually the only people who still actively play the game are on ABD or Wushu.

Veteran players are fleeing the game, being discouraged by lack of actual updates. Physics haven't been fixed for 10 GODDAMN YEARS.

Instead servers with active players like taekyon, kickboxing or gtboxing are getting shut down just because some 14 year old with an anime avatar cried about getting his ass handled to him on the forums.

Don't forget the ranking system that is totally flipped around every time kids on the forum cry.

Biggest problem is in fact related to the micro community of the toribash forums. The game devs are more interested in forum drama than in what people who actively play the game have to say. This is the only conclusion I can come up with after seeing servers like kickboxing and gtboxing getting removed overnight.

Firstly, please be civil
C)*Personal digs between users will not be tolerated.*This includes but is not limited to insulting comments, personally directed hate, and unnecessary rhetorical remarks. That being said, rhetoric may slide if it services a point rather than belittle the opposite party in the discussion. If the discussion is getting too heated step back, take a deep breath and make sure you are fully calm before posting a reply. Respect the points made by other users in the same manner you would expect yours to be respected.

The ES are in charge on rooms ingame and they tend to remove rooms that are empty. gtboxing was almost always empty, one of the least active rooms. hampa has always been more interested with the game than the forums and he is the owner and the developer who has the most impact. The reasom there are very few updates is because there are very few devs, not because they dont care about the game client (also the forum devs know how to code http, not necessarily C++ or whatever the game actially uses which is more complicated)
Last edited by SmallBowl; Jul 15, 2017 at 02:37 AM.
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.
Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post
(...) gtboxing was almost always empty (...)

LIES. There were often at least 3 or 4 people on that server. No doubt in my mind.

You want to state that kickboxing server was removed because it was empty as well? I can always try to contact SpaceSmoke and other regulars, see what they have to say about that.

And don't pull forum rules on me just because I said one colloquial bully word without really meaning anything, all while you can't be intellectually honest yourself. I'm here only to try to do something for the community. So go ahead and call the mods.

Who are the ES?
First of all, please do everyone a favor and go educate yourself a bit before accusing developers of (not) doing something that they're actually not involved with.

Originally Posted by RadexHEJOO

Community is small, yes. And it is getting smaller. But it's mainly because the game is 11 years old and no matter how frequently it would get updated it's still the same game. There has always been a narrow range of mods that people preferred to anything else, ABD always being one of them almost since the moment it appeared. That doesn't anyhow indicate that there's something wrong with the game nor the community - it only means that these mods are good.

In your previous statement, you said there's not enough updates to keep players interested. Now you're saying that ranking system being adjusted to fit the community requests is bad. Logic?

I also only remember 3 big ranking updates, first being made in April 2011 when ELO system was introduced to replace QI-based ranks, second in July 2015 when monthly rotation and ranked rooms were added and the most recent one (April 2017) when we switched to seasonal system. If it was "totally flipped around" every time there's someone saying they dislike the system, you'd be getting a new ranking each week. 3 ranking updates over a course of 7 years looks like a fine update plan to me, considering Toribash is an indie game.

LIES. There were often at least 3 or 4 people on that server. No doubt in my mind.

Nope, there weren't. There were 3-4 players max at peak time, and that's how many players any private room can easily get when there's 250+ players online. In fact, GTBoxing room had even less regular players than realtoriboxingmw2 room which was second least favorite according to a community poll we ran in early June.

You want to state that kickboxing server was removed because it was empty as well? I can always try to contact SpaceSmoke and other regulars, see what they have to say about that.

It was unpopular, so yes, you can say so. We aren't going to contact separate players to see whether we need to keep a room or not, what we're looking at are general trends. If the room isn't getting the popularity it's supposed to - it is getting removed from public rotation. You're always free to create a private room with any mod you wish and play with your friends if you're unsatisfied with public rooms' mod choices.