Ranking
I think they are

also, i ordered these

they are Sennheiser HD555's
I've heard many good things about them
but do you think I made a choice for what I do?

Check my sig for What I do :P ( I make electronic music like dubstep and DnB)
I'm in the eastern USA region, any price under $80 is reasonable for me. I'm looking for head phones for drumming, so noise cancelation is a plus. A fair amount of bass would be nice in them too, comfortability is a plus too.

What would you guys recommend?
OLDA | Fr3styL | RL | T3AL
R.I.P [Pure] 356 Threads, 19,000 Posts.
I like beats by dr dre. Solo HD's To be honest, but theyr pretty expensive. Heavy bass and once yu get the volume up a bit, you cant hear shit but the music. im not sure what would be good for $80 though
jetsnix, would you happen to be talking about these $200 dollar head phones: http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Beats-.../dp/B003I84KTS
OLDA | Fr3styL | RL | T3AL
R.I.P [Pure] 356 Threads, 19,000 Posts.
If anyone knows Cobus Potgieter, and how good he is with drums, he uses these headphones: http://www.headphoneworld.com/p/Crea...Headphones.htm

I have them, they are really good for their price.
TP|Guardians| Hai. Watz upz.
Price: Below $200, but above is OK too. Give a range or something? Or some indication as to what value for money comes with spending more (eg "above 9000 you will see little improvement except in the 200-201hz range, so I recommend only spending 8000" or something)
Genre: Dubstep, Jungle, DnB, but also symph, electronica, hip hop
Where will be using: At home, but on the move when I'm going somewhere long (eg on a plane). If they can't be used on the go because they need an amp or something (insert some reason why they cant be portable here), that's fine too.
Connecting to: Computer / iPhone (on occasion)
Using it for: Music, games (Uh, just say 50/50, because I have music always on, some games I mute music so I can listen to mine, but still have sound effects, some games I listen to the game music. Games I play are stuff like Minecraft, Amnesia, Machinarium, so its not like there is a big void between music and games (as I would imagine there would be if I played TF2 with all those gunshots))
Important stuff: Noise cancelling, I live in a very noisey area (Car garage over the road, much reonvation and gardening, lots of power tools/cranes/ also there is a school, so kids going AHAHAHAHHA), active and/or passive. Comfort is a must, I bought some Microsoft headphones one time (lol i know right) and they killed my ears. Right now I have some Plantonics, which are like pillows, sooo gooood. Full size headphones please, them little ones are annoying for gaming (also the whole comfort/noise cancelling thing (although now that I have said that, I am sure you will be very clever and tell me that you can get comfy/noise cancelling inner ears)).
I think a 'good headphone' is: Smooth and happy and big and comfy. The headphones must be happy, that is very important to me.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
http://headphones.com.au/contact/

Go into this store and listen to a bunch?

You can sit there for hours and they wont really care.

Unfortunately the DT250 is priced pretty shitty locally (because suppliers dont like to charge reasonable prices for stores). But that would be what I'd get if you're looking for a full size. Otherwise the M50 is a pretty good idea (you wont be able to listen to that at the local store - it's also priced badly locally).

But yeah, local pricing is a bit hit and miss. Lots of audio fags aren't full-bottle on closed headphones since they inherently sound worse.

The DT250 80 ohm is fine for portable. So is the M50.

I'll get around to answering the other posts in this thread later.

Also outsider recommendation:

AD700 (go and listen?) is priced pretty good locally now (but still is cheaper overseas), and a canalphone for when you need isolation (like the vsonic RO2Pro2).

IIRC there's a special available for the vsonic in white (but it has a pink cable... lol) as well - they're $69 instead of $89. You could probably just paint the cable.

That is, if you have quiet times in your area.
Last edited by m0o; Jan 11, 2011 at 10:18 AM.
Cool, thanks for the advice.

Ill go to that place some time when I get a chance :3
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
If you turned up about two months ago I could have sold you something that would have been perfect for about 30% new price (I ended up giving it away to one of my close friends).
FWIW it was a DT770pro 80 ohm which I didnt really like that much, but it probably would have suited your need very well (even though IMO its too bassy).