people playing: 76, servers online: 25, games played: 142,000,000 Top Player: Imperial

Toribash Community » Help » Technical Support » Beta Releases
Register FAQ General Rules Community
Closed Thread

Old Aug 25, 2012   #81
sonic0203

5th Dan Black Belt

I Found 2 annoying bugs in the new modmaker btw.
First of all if you press Reset mod you go into the floor abit And if you press You Or uke in misc you also sink into the ground by a bit, Example here http://i.imgur.com/NTAnQ.png
(EDIT) When this happens and you get out of mod maker and go into another mod your still in the ground and it Wont fix itself untill you quitout of Toribash and reopen
Hello ^+^

Last edited by sonic0203; Aug 25, 2012 at 05:57 AM.. Reason: Forgot the last thing
Old Aug 26, 2012   #82
Zamorakor

2nd Dan Black Belt

When is To4.0 coming?
Old Aug 26, 2012   #83
*SkulFuk

This is a Belt
Clan: Parrot

Originally Posted by Zamorakor View Post
When is To4.0 coming?

When it's finished

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Old Aug 31, 2012   #84
RBB

Master Belt

Running the beta fullscreen on Windows 7 tabbing into release Firefox maximized in the background with latest Flash player frequently results in Flash crashing.
Old Aug 31, 2012   #85
*SkulFuk

This is a Belt
Clan: Parrot

Originally Posted by RBB View Post
Running the beta fullscreen on Windows 7 tabbing into release Firefox maximized in the background with latest Flash player frequently results in Flash crashing.

That's because the current builds of Flash are incredibly unstable + crap out unless it can eat more resources than it needs, nothing to do with Toribash. Not to mention you've got a game & Flash competing for hardware acceleration, something is inevitably going to fall over eventually.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Old Sep 29, 2012   #86
ClockworkMonkey

Legit White Belt

Mod maker with 4.1

So the chance to use 128 objects is pretty fucking cool, but the editor is designed for just 16 and could do with some changes to make it much faster and easier to make mods.

Object highlighting - In descript, the selected object was highlighted by creating a slightly larger transparent green object around it. Very useful to see what object is selected easily.

Object cloning - Each object has around 15 or 16 settings, if you want to make a set of stairs about 15 steps high, you don't want to have to repeat the same data over and over again. It also makes things easier if you're building a scene to have the new object spawn at the same place as the one you were just using (ie. you would normally use clone instead of enable object).

Object groups - A way to put objects into groups that can be moved together and cloned. So you could build a building or other piece of scenery, then move it and copy it.

Camera control - Is there a way to switch to free cam? Either I can't figure it out or there isn't a way to do it. You need it for complex scenes.

Been making a mod with lots of objects, discovered a few more issues.

Clicking on text boxes to edit stuff will select the object behind the text box, making it impossible to edit.

Might be better to disable select by mouse.

Engageplayerpos still not working correctly in multiplayer (red player starts at 0 0 0 then warps to correct position after 1 turn). Real pain in the arse for a lot of mods.
<the god> the god
<@Smilies2> modding tiem

Last edited by ClockworkMonkey; Oct 2, 2012 at 05:30 PM..
Closed Thread