Ranking
Original Post
[TEX] First head I ever created :>
So, I'm very new with this texture design but I tried to make one and I got this .. I accept critics since it's my first time making head texture

Software used : Paint (ye ik lol)

Rate it from 1-10

This is my first step to enter art's world, I will use better software in the future if I think I can do it
For just starting, this isnt too bad.

Definitly try some better software later though. You'll see that your outcome will be much better. Try Gimp 2.8. It's free. Gives you the option of mapping your flat onto a sphere to see how it will map on the Tori as well.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Originally Posted by WeooWeoo View Post
For just starting, this isnt too bad.

Definitly try some better software later though. You'll see that your outcome will be much better. Try Gimp 2.8. It's free. Gives you the option of mapping your flat onto a sphere to see how it will map on the Tori as well.

Thank you for the suggestion, I will install that software now and try to figure it out.. thanks :>
to me personally it looks like a army ninja if that makes sense but the colors are a bit bland but for a first go pretty good
Rainbow
The general concept for the head that you came up with is fairly good for a simple head. Though I don't understand why your lines are smooth at the top of the head and then jagged towards the bottom and on the straps.

This leads me to believe that you copy and pasted some image as a starting point and then went to edit that image to create your final idea. This isn't bad, but I would suggest that you don't paste images that are a different style/quality from your own art/skills. Also if you copy and paste images onto a head you should also include links to the images you used for the head. Crediting other people's work is important.

Yea like WeooWeoo said though, get Gimp and start learning to use that so you can make cleaner lines and what not. It might also help you to take a step back and just go learn basic concepts before trying to make an entire head. Like figuring out how the mapping works, good shading, small stuff like that.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •