Toribash
Woah, surprised at how detailed this tutorial got! Great job ^^ i should get around reading it again.
Your messed up world enthrills me
expect some update in next 2 weeks
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
why is there so much information? my mind can't take it all...
If you are readings this then congrats! you can read
Just took a quick glance at this. Not a bad tutorial at all but my only complaint is the technique section. Half of the techniques such as double leg are near to impossible to do in a normal game.

Plus, these techniques aren't really techniques. I can have a leg grab which turns into a lift/shovel then turn my body and do a suplex.

My suggestion is to rename this sections: Types of attacks instead of techniques and to get rid of some of the useless ones. A technique to me is more like a style such as grappling, striking, or a player who holds/relaxes at end of turn, etc.

And also to add more stuff relevant to an actual match such as a simple counter to a simple shovel (comes with experience obviously)

Some of the ideas such as relativity and weak planes are to far for people to understand such as myself so maybe fix that up.
Last edited by Eddylee; Mar 27, 2016 at 06:11 AM.
Don't Be Racist
Originally Posted by Eddylee View Post
Just took a quick glance at this. Not a bad tutorial at all but my only complaint is the technique section. Half of the techniques such as double leg are near to impossible to do in a normal game.

Not all of the techniques here are designed for beginners, some are interesting moves that people have managed to replicate in toribash, that more advanced users can try.

Plus, these techniques aren't really techniques. I can have a leg grab which turns into a lift/shovel then turn my body and do a suplex.

These are not set moves, they can flow together and in different positions you can try different things.
Hence they do not always give you the detailed joint positions like "at frame 420 extend you right knee", unless it is a move tutorial.
My suggestion is to rename this sections: Types of attacks instead of techniques and to get rid of some of the useless ones. A technique to me is more like a style such as grappling, striking, or a player who holds/relaxes at end of turn, etc.

There aren't really any "useless" ones, almost all of these techniques are used by someone.
And also to add more stuff relevant to an actual match such as a simple counter to a simple shovel (comes with experience obviously)

These are pretty relevant...
Some of the ideas such as relativity and weak planes are to far for people to understand such as myself so maybe fix that up.

Experience.
That is the true way to learn, these help, but experience and practice are the only ways

Take my opinions with a grain of salt. It's just that most of this tutorial is based towards style than actual effectiveness. But what do I know
Don't Be Racist
every technique is a tool in your tool box the more you have the more answers you have to threats.

as you get used to the moves you'll see what they flow into.
Originally Posted by monkeyishi View Post

fixed
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15