Ranking
There was another thread like this one not too long ago.
The thread creator got shot down almost immediately.

It would be nice if people who joined before this got installed got a logo next to their names.
I've always wanted a sexy logo next to my name...

Im all for it, except for the fact it won't be an exculusive game anymore.
The Curious Whomba, Intruding Your Privacy.
Originally Posted by culapou View Post
I think it's been pretty much per-determined that I will be giving commentary if toribash ever reaches an e-sports level.

We could be a pair. I can see it now. I shall be the John Madden of Toribash, but all great sports have multiple commentators so it's all good.
Originally Posted by culapou View Post
I think it's been pretty much per-determined that I will be giving commentary if toribash ever reaches an e-sports level.

I agree.

And not just because I have a massive hardon for culapou, he would be good too.
I would LOVE Toribash as an Esport.
As for Steam, not so sure. I know it would help get a bigger community, but Steam is laggy as hell. I might be wrong, because I am on a mac. But if it was added on Steam, they should only add the windows version, because they probably don't lag, or at least not a lot more than the normal game.
I don't see Toribash as a competitive game. Mosty because it is too simple and too unrealistic. People would simply get mad trying to improve their moves because the game is in the same time too simple and the psysique of the tori is very unrealistic.

I mean, honestly, if somebody who's into sports and human body movements and forces in those movements, like people in sports, they'd say that the game it's just awful.

Toribash is a casual game and should stay that way.
Originally Posted by 5brickbomzh View Post
I don't see Toribash as a competitive game. Mosty because it is too simple and too unrealistic. People would simply get mad trying to improve their moves because the game is in the same time too simple and the psysique of the tori is very unrealistic.

I hope you know you can change the gravity, and it's not that unrealistic at all.

Toribash is everything but a simple game. It's one of the most complicated games I've played. There are countless joint possibilities in one frame.
oh yeah
I'm for the steam idea, I have one question.... what's an e-sport ;_;
But in all reality... I think I might be insane...
Originally Posted by Agentmax View Post
I'm for the steam idea, I have one question.... what's an e-sport ;_;

Competitive video game on par with sports.
Eg Starcraft
Originally Posted by pusga View Post
I hope you know you can change the gravity, and it's not that unrealistic at all.

Toribash is everything but a simple game. It's one of the most complicated games I've played. There are countless joint possibilities in one frame.

Totally, 100% no! Did you know, if a real person would free fall, he/she would wall about 5meters in the first second. In toribash, that would happen only if gravity would be -1000million some. Of course, with such gravity the tori couldn't move.

Do you know, why do decapped palm, thrown away fly so far? Only because the gravity is mega-low, it's called hang-time. If the gravity in real life would be so little as in Toribash, I'd be able to throw a ball 1km.

Why? Because Toribash 'doll' kicks and punches are so much slower than in real life. I mean mostly the final speed. So basically it's that you decap or fracture the enemy in Toribash with a sissy punch, which would count at maybe 5m-second in real life/

Moreover, you can't (in toribash) do any considerable elbow, knee strikes and can't even do a proper jab, hook or uppercut. No, seriously, you can't. The punches are like wtf. Because idk, Toribash is really wierd.
Originally Posted by 5brickbomzh View Post
Totally, 100% no! Did you know, if a real person would free fall, he/she would wall about 5meters in the first second. In toribash, that would happen only if gravity would be -1000million some. Of course, with such gravity the tori couldn't move.

Do you know, why do decapped palm, thrown away fly so far? Only because the gravity is mega-low, it's called hang-time. If the gravity in real life would be so little as in Toribash, I'd be able to throw a ball 1km.

Why? Because Toribash 'doll' kicks and punches are so much slower than in real life. I mean mostly the final speed. So basically it's that you decap or fracture the enemy in Toribash with a sissy punch, which would count at maybe 5m-second in real life/

Moreover, you can't (in toribash) do any considerable elbow, knee strikes and can't even do a proper jab, hook or uppercut. No, seriously, you can't. The punches are like wtf. Because idk, Toribash is really wierd.

I've seen people punch and do straight jabs. So as the attacks go you sir are way off. I've also see people dropped kicked bitch slapped and MY FAVORITE! Headbutted. Could it be an e-sport (now with it explained to me) most defintally and I think whoever is in charge of PR or whatever should seriously consider this thread.
But in all reality... I think I might be insane...