Ranking
Re: Toribash 2.0 Pre Order
i'd like to pre order but embarisingly i just preorderd a different game, oh well hampa deserves anuther $10, i'll wait till i got moneys....
Originally Posted by Mojo
Are people still crying about graphics? Seriously, I'd take a game with great gameplay over an interactive movie anyday. If you want to hold Generic FPS#203 over a game that's actually unique, go right ahead.

In my opinion, its not so much graphics as it is content. A good game is 50% concept and 50% content. Right now toribash is 90% concept 10% content. The physics engine is an amazing piece of work and is incredible in it's own right, but an engine does not a game make. Fatty made good points in his post, this game is still in a very unfinished state. I'm certainly not paying for something where i have to type "1" or "0" instead of ticking a checkbox.

Adding the ability to mod is not a replacement for actual content. Toribash's graphics are appealing, but lack absolutely any visual style or flair (i'm not talking about polycount and textures). Things like an unobtrusive background like Armadillo Run has or a translucent box to make reading chat easier, a pattern or texture on the ground would make it much easier to judge distances than mere (and rather poorly done) shadows, get rid of the tacky exaggerated outline effect. This game also needs an interface where you can see all body parts at all times, maybe like the Porrasturvat games, but clickable.

You guys need to hire an artist to have his/her way with the game, the result would be much more attractive to the consumer. The pricetag is too high, compare it to other modern shareware. Also, the pre-order should have started when the demo was released, so people know what they are paying for.

I'm hoping to be surprised by the demo, but i'm doubtful. I'll be back when there's more content.
Originally Posted by XxVampirexX
i'd like to pre order but embarisingly i just preorderd a different game, oh well hampa deserves anuther $10, i'll wait till i got moneys....

Same here, looks like I'll have to pay 25$. Oh well.

And Half Life 2 was kinda boring imho.
are people still complaining?
give it up hampa's not gonna change the price nor is he gonna release another free version..
if you dont wanna pay play the demo version
Originally Posted by Ishiku
Because no one answerd the last person who asked this, ill ask again, when is it ocming out?

in a week i think

[NERD]
[OLDA]
[inq]
hey hampa, will you download it or get it in the mail after you buy it.

ps. i don't know how to get i pic on my forum posts please help me

[NERD]
[OLDA]
[inq]
Thanks to everybody who pre-ordered so far

There is a new pre-order thread with a release date announcement, so I'm closing this one.

Cheers
/Hampa