Ranking
Original Post
[Tex] Pirate Head
Hello friends, it's been a while (2 years maybe?) but I wanted to just let loose and make a head texture for fun again. I decided to just go with some pirate for this one.

The program used was Photoshop to make the head.

Hope you guys like it!

Last edited by Julespino; Jul 17, 2019 at 06:55 PM.
it looks like you put a pastel filter on it. probably needs more contrast and defined line work. shapes and styling are really nice though along with a really nice concept
What Veoo said, very nice color and shape just need to be able to distinguish the shapes better great stuff
l l Fuck Aurarian l l
Mummy#5385
the first thing i notice on this head is that the mouth looks like its floating and not actually part of the face. maybe its just me, not sure why it seems like that, but yeah try addressing that
Originally Posted by Wounder View Post
the first thing i notice on this head is that the mouth looks like its floating and not actually part of the face. maybe its just me, not sure why it seems like that, but yeah try addressing that

wounder is absolutely right.

the issue is the shadow under the lips.

that shadow usually should be there but since you have a beard on the head texture the beard should actually be extending far enough out to catch light despite being below the lips. beards usually are further extended from the chin than lips. with that shadow it looks like you pasted lips floating on the face

just take out that shadow or add a really small one where some small amount of skin is exposed under the lips
-----
EDIT:

it seems like you have placed a lot of shadows below things. shadows dont always just get pasted below features, try to think about how the feature melds into the face and how the light catches it
Last edited by Veoo; Jul 21, 2019 at 01:04 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump