ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Jiujitsu/Submission wrestling
Hello everyone!

I wanted to make this suggestion for a different type of match. It makes it much more difficult, but also quite more interesting I think.

Toribash jiujitsu :
- Instead of winning by dq, players must try to put their opponent into a submission hold. Victory would be achieved when one player is trapped and can't escape a hold and admits defeat in the chat

I know there's already a jiujitsu mod, we could use it. Or if not, I can edit settings anyway.

Tell me if you are interested! I think that would be fun!
If the player who lost doesn't admit his defeat in the chat, what will the other player do ?

It can be an idea of event, but it will impossible to make a program wich recognize if someone is losing
Last edited by ultimatumm; Nov 29, 2016 at 06:31 PM.
the problem with this is that there are going to be a lot of players who are adapt enough to escape almost any hold that you can bring upon an opponent. Also, friction between toris are almost non-existent, so you can't really latch on without going for an all out hug when it comes to holds.
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by ultimatumm View Post
If the player who lost doesn't admit his defeat in the chat, what will the other player do ?

Well it's a question of fair-play and good-will If that player doesn't manage to wriggle free after some attempts, he has to do it .
We could also keep the "fracture" feature in the settings when too much pressure has been put on one joint (f.e if the player is put in a triangle choke and refuses to submit, their head will eventually been broken or fall down, so can't play anymore)
-----
Originally Posted by Swepples View Post
the problem with this is that there are going to be a lot of players who are adapt enough to escape almost any hold that you can bring upon an opponent. Also, friction between toris are almost non-existent, so you can't really latch on without going for an all out hug when it comes to holds.

Well i think there are always some problems. I think that something that should be tried, and then we can evaluate whether it's playable or not
Last edited by popopov; Nov 29, 2016 at 06:38 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Sorry man, this isn't the place for this suggestion. From what I've gathered, you're either asking for a new mid to be made, which isn't really what this board is for, OR you are asking staff to implement an idea that requires no specific work for them, but instead relies completely on the faith of other people. Those sorta things just don't really fit in here, sorry.
I think I might be retired.