ES Recruitment Drive
@psycore : I always wanted Atmospheres to be nothing more than a tool for video makers, a way to make nicer videos, and not a script which affect gameplay. I know how to add collisions, but :
- it will bring big lags for some atmospheres. There's a reason for Hampa limiting the number of objects in mods to 16.
- replays saved with atmospheres will glitch when played without atmosphere (or with another atmosphere)

That's why I won't add collisions.

@Spacem4n : yeah, winzip, winrar, 7zip or any other archives extractor (the Windows default one works too). Just follow the instructions in first post, or in the video.
Actually we did a test ages ago when Warhero was doing dev. The object limit got raised to stupidly high numbers & the speed difference was only 1 - 2 FPS including collisions.
(we're talking 3k+ objects)
Shame it never made it into a release client.

I can only assume the slowdown you'd get from high amount of LUA objects is from LUA itself.

I'd have thought the logical reason for not adding collisions to this would be because it wouldn't work on MP... For now...

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Oh, admins have to add this to next tb version.
Also, I have a problem with it. Yes, I installed it, but I couldn't ran it with command: /atmo
It usually says me: Disconnected.Lost contact with server.
It should be for that multiplayer is down now.
Reply soon man. 11/10 points for that,
Keep rolling like that
daaaaaaaamn do you really have to have winzip i cant see paying money for it so i dont think i will get this amazing script if there is no other way to do it :cccc
Originally Posted by Ordnung View Post
Oh, admins have to add this to next tb version.
Also, I have a problem with it. Yes, I installed it, but I couldn't ran it with command: /atmo
It usually says me: Disconnected.Lost contact with server.
It should be for that multiplayer is down now.
Reply soon man. 11/10 points for that,
Keep rolling like that

Arg, you're the second one having this problem, and I don't know what went wrong...
What is your OS ?

Try to launch tb with administrator rights and retry the install. Just after that open your stderr.txt file (in CGames\Toribash-3.94) and copy its content. If "/atmo" still don't work, paste the content here, and I'll try to investigate.

Originally Posted by Chr0niK View Post
daaaaaaaamn do you really have to have winzip i cant see paying money for it so i dont think i will get this amazing script if there is no other way to do it :cccc

Winzip is free. And even if you don't have winzip, you can unzip my file very simply with your usual Windows. Just right click the file and choose "extract here".
Excellent Job!
I hope they add this in 4.0
reasonably happy | if gamer grill inbx me | Nightin: hack THIS *unzips dick*
until next time
Salut Melmoth. I'll use again your atmospheres for my vids. By the way, can you make a version of your city atmosphere without rain ?

My Youtube channel : Mocucha Toribash

Hey !

Replace the file "\data\script\atmo\atmospheres\Urban (by Melmoth)\atmo.lua" by the one attached to this post, it will remove the rain.

--

PM moi si tu as d'autres soucis, je lis le forum moins souvent qu'avant.
Attached Files
atmo.lua (7.2 KB, 4 views)