Ranking
Original Post
Auto screenshot feature
Okay, my suggestion probably will help the Market Squad a lot on solving scam reports and other things but can also help all other staffs.
The market squad hate when someone open a duel scam reports without any evidences. So, i'm suggesting to add an auto screenshot feature to the toribash.
How it could work:

*You can activate the auto screenshot through the settings, just like replay autosave;
*When duel mod is on, the auto screenshot automatically turns on and takes screenshots every match played;
*If you duel items or USD, you can always leave it on for your safety;
*All the screenshots goes to "screenshots" folder.
Originally Posted by Idle View Post
I have to agree on this. Maybe put a timer on it for it to take the screenshot. Also settings so you could modify when it takes the screenshot and where.

If you get scammed, you'll have all the necessary evidence to solve your case.

Thanks for reading. Leave your suggestions
Last edited by Life; Feb 8, 2017 at 12:08 PM.
R.I.P Static
Yeah I feel you, but that's benefits of just screenshotting. It doesn't have to be a game feature is what I'm saying. Development time is super limited and if things like that keep getting implemented we will have no gameplay or visual changes for another 5 years, I don't think it's hard to get my point.
I'm saying that people should rather be warned and get some awareness about screenshotting every deal they make or make a screenshot anything else that they want to report. Implementing this feature would be like making a law not allowing to go outside at night because some people dont know it's dangerous.
We should be using as many 3rd party resources as possible when the development time is that limited. If this game had a full-time game dev assigned then sure I'd say this is great but now it's just a waste of time. Sorry if I'm "talking shit" on your idea but literally everyone in this community would rather go extra mile to download another program for screenshotting and have some actual changes in game. Don't make this another stupid implemented feature that probably barely even functions like voicechat.
Originally Posted by Smaguris View Post
1. New players dont duel
2. There are barely any new players these days

About the difficulty of it I'm not 100% sure, I might be wrong there I'm not a game dev.

All you forum users can argue for it as much as you want, but people who actually enjoy and play the game on daily basis would like to get some update too, but sadly that is not happening and staff of course always get what they want because they have a voice in this community. However, staff doesn't play this game nearly as often as an average player so of course you Don't give a fuck about in game changes.

Go ahead make a poll IN GAME if people would rather like to see a visual update of the game or auto screenshot feature and then decide how bad people need it, since your main concern seem to be players.

1. Yes they do, they duel for smaller sums but they do duel, also every player that has ever duelled has had a first duel. In that instance ot is highly possible they didnt know what they needed as evidence. Testament to this is the number of scam reports that have insufficient evidence.
2. This game is still on steam so it will still attract new players, also the beginner servers are still used quite a lot, so there are still new players

About the difficulty of it I am sure, it is very very easy.

ES by definition are ingame users, I have been an ingame user the whole time Ive been a member other than when Im at uni and the firewall blocks the client.

This is a ridiculous comparison, the relative amount of work for a visual update compared to this is laughable. All this suggestion has to do is call up the already made /ss code, then delete a file every now and again. Comparing this with graphics changes is ridiculous
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.
Even though I see where this is coming from I have to agree with Smaguris, the issue itself can be easily resolved by 3rd party screenshot programs and I don't see any way how it can make the game better.

As of now, Toribash makes .bmp screenshots which take lots of space. With the default 720p resolution they're 2.63 MB each, imagine having automatic post-game screenshot feature you suggest enabled 24/7 and here you have a cluttered hard drive after a month of playing the game. And even if we don't consider storage why would anyone want to keep thousands of dull screenshots?
Yes it can help at solving scam reports - but honestly, why would you care if users don't have enough evidence to prove they've been scammed? If they agree to play a non-automated duel that implies a risk of getting scammed, they should be smart enough to screenshot every chat message - just in case. As for hosting events - it's easier (and way more reasonable) to get a script that'd keep you updated with all info you need, including a list of players in the queue at the moment of the event's beginning.

speaking shortly, the majority of users won't need it, it will eat disk space, those who may find it useful should consider different ways of solving their issues
If the images get deleted automatically in code I dont see any reason for it to become a memory hog

The main argument I see for it is to protect new members, this category is unlikely to know where to find scripts or pick up this parricular one.

The reason to care about users getting scammed is that they were cheated out of "their" belongings, its reasonable for young, early teens and before, to not think about how likely they are to ve scammdd on their first duel when theyve never even heard of the forums

also itll take almost no work to code
I would also like to note: Weather users "should" know things or not, that doesn't mean that they do or don't. Arguments with the word "should" cannot outweigh the statistics. This solves that ongoing problem. The community will not bend and start being smarter about it. Never happened before, so let's solve!

"It's their own fault" why does it need to be that way at all? There is no progress in that!

Let's prevent that grimness
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Originally Posted by fallu
The reason to care about users getting scammed is that they were cheated out of "their" belongings, its reasonable for young, early teens and before, to not think about how likely they are to ve scammdd on their first duel when theyve never even heard of the forums

Younger users don't use forums and they rarely feel the urge to report when they get scammed, Scam Report board kinda proves that (if you think that there are more cases of high belts scamming high belts and that's why 90% of reports are related to them, you're wrong). If it's an easy feature to add it doesn't mean it should be added just because of that - there are different ways to actually prevent scams or make users aware of game support existence, be it an upgraded automated duel system which supports both items and TC or an ingame report tool.

Originally Posted by Link
Arguments with the word "should" cannot outweigh the statistics.

Please provide me with statistics, because I haven't seen any data in this thread. What I see are scam reports, and (surprisingly?) people tend to provide the evidence, even in the rare cases when they're below black belt. Actual low belts I mean, not guys dueling 300k on a 200 qi account.
Perhaps the reason scams are reported less by them is that they dont know about scam reports, perhaps there should be somthing ingame to give them direction to the scam report board - however I dont know how it would be possible to stop that from being intrusive

Although a better duel system would be better, it seems very unlikely to be inplemented to me, whereas this seems realistic to implement - you have more knowledge of this than me of course, but thats how I see it
Why not just have a function similar to autosave where you have an autolog for events and chat? That way players can provide evidence of abusive chat and duel/scam issues, and having it in a log format would make submitting it to admins a lot easier. I'd suggest a scramble/hash (so that users wont have such an easy time manipulating it) on a ID basis.
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
Originally Posted by fallu View Post
Perhaps the reason scams are reported less by them is that they dont know about scam reports, perhaps there should be somthing ingame to give them direction to the scam report board - however I dont know how it would be possible to stop that from being intrusive

This further proves that people who are not responsible enough to take a screenshots usually won't even make it to the reports board thus the feature is useless to the majority of players.

Most people will either know everything or nothing about reports, so new players won't even know where or how to report it. It would be much easier and more effective to raise awareness of these scams and remind players to always screenshot any deal or duel with a link to reports board. This could be a message that appears in chat once in a while or something similar.
Last edited by Smaguris; Mar 2, 2017 at 12:23 PM.