ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Clans! Some ideas about clans.
Hi dudes. I have some ideas about clans. Some ideas that could improve how we interact with the clan, something that is practical, something that will improve the activity of the ingame clans and at the same time something fun! Ok, let's go.

See below.

1. (Logo or Tag) How about a small personalized logo in front of the ingame name? The name of the clan would be in the information of the player and not in front of the name. Or make it an option for clan leaders? So they would choose between logo and tag. Or make the ingame logo something to buy? Like the private board, the logo would be something else for the clan to be able to buy: p

2. Clan chat (ingame). Imagine if we could chat in a private "chat room" of the clan of any room we were in. For example when entering / guild the chat would open like a whisper.

3. Accept war invitations through the game. Nothing more to say, that would be too good.

4. Web-view. What about something like a personalized web-view? Yes, ingame! Log in normally in the forum and be redirected the threads of the clan, where we could post and everything else normally.

5. Two clans against two! 2v2 (Example below)
*I'm doing the war setup*

Time Limit: '1' days
Game Limit: '25' games
First to: '10' wins, set to 0 to ignore
Lead by: '0' wins, set to 0 to ignore
Guest: * Name of a clan *
Now here's the news!
Guest 2: * Another clan *
Clan Ally: * And here you put a clan to fight by your side! *

This would be fun, and the alliance between clans would have a greater purpose!

6. New ranking? Currently the clan ranking consists of being active in war and that is it. With the matchmaking function (which is really cool) why not implement a ranked game clan? And then only people who have a clan can participate, so you fight someone who has a clan and you earn points for every match you win. And a prize for it as the new rating system, obviously! So we would have 2 ways to get points and stay in rank. Clans will be more active in the game and will be fun as a f * ckk. You and your clan partners (and here the prizes do the magic haha) playing together to get points for your clan fighting for the prizes, sounds good does not it? Of course, my friends and I would be there;]

And now, recently I read a few posts from people on their clan topics saying they do not play any more ingame and blahblah, and they're active in the forum, but why?
I honestly think Toribash needs something else to do ingame.
And with the clans this can be more effective.

Because clans are a family and when we play together everything changes.

Okay,

But seriously, I think the clans should have a higher ingame participation. (In that way) currently all we have of an ingame clan is the tag name and war (you understand what i'm saying?) and we accept wars by the forum and everything else, (I like the forum) But i believe the Clans deserve something more in the game. This would make clans more attractive to players and members. Because Clans are awesome!
Last edited by Yoda; Apr 9, 2017 at 06:46 PM.
Undead
I agree, mainly in 3, its so boring go to the forum just to accept a war.
You guys can do it in future versions, it will be nice to see it!
Undead Leader - Item Forger - Left-Handed - DeviantArt - Scorpius
[SIGPIC]https://cache.toribash.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4476328_4.gif[/SIGPIC]
1. It's an alright idea, I'm neither for nor against it.

2. This, this should really happen in my opinion. Public chats usually get flooded with private conversations of 2-4 people all the time, and sometimes its very irritating, especially if they speak different language. This would solve many problems, and make chatting more convenient between clan members (or just friends)

3. Would be convenient, probably a bit too difficult to implement so i doubt it could happen.

4. There's already that sort of thing in game if you play on Steam, if you just do Tab+Shift. The complexity of implementing browser inside a game is so massive that it would never be considered.

5. This suggestion goes against the board rules so just forget it
Originally Posted by Smaguris View Post

To clarify, it's not against the board rules to suggest this. From what I gather the idea is supposed to be Clan A + Clan B vs. Clan C + Clan D, where Clan A and B form a team, and Clan C and D form a team. Imagine Clan A scores a point against Clan D. Those points gained are shared between Clan A and B. Either that, or the highest amount of cumulative points gained by either team makes them both the winner. Sounds fun, you could team up together with allies this way.

This suggestion is valid as long as the amount of players in a single fight is 2, no more, no less.
Last edited by Slau; Apr 8, 2017 at 05:41 PM.
Originally Posted by Smaguris View Post
1. It's an alright idea, I'm neither for nor against it.

2. This, this should really happen in my opinion. Public chats usually get flooded with private conversations of 2-4 people all the time, and sometimes its very irritating, especially if they speak different language. This would solve many problems, and make chatting more convenient between clan members (or just friends)

3. Would be convenient, probably a bit too difficult to implement so i doubt it could happen.

4. There's already that sort of thing in game if you play on Steam, if you just do Tab+Shift. The complexity of implementing browser inside a game is so massive that it would never be considered.

Eh
Now i agree that the web-view may not be considered. I did not play Toribash by steam so i did not even know that :c

And about the 5th idea...
Here is an example:

Now here's the news!

Just as Slau said:

Clan A + Clan B vs. Clan C + Clan D

Originally Posted by Slau View Post
To clarify, it's not against the board rules to suggest this. From what I gather the idea is supposed to be Clan A + Clan B vs. Clan C + Clan D, where Clan A and B form a team, and Clan C and D form a team. Imagine Clan A scores a point against Clan D. Those points gained are shared between Clan A and B. Either that, or the highest amount of cumulative points gained by either team makes them both the winner. Sounds fun, you could team up together with allies this way.

This suggestion is valid as long as the amount of players in a single fight is 2, no more, no less.

Exact!
Undead
Hi!
How about ....

6. New ranking? Currently the clan ranking consists of being active in war and that is it. With the matchmaking function (which is really cool) why not implement a ranked game clan? And then only people who have a clan can participate, so you fight someone who has a clan and you earn points for every match you win. And a prize for it as the new rating system, obviously! So we would have 2 ways to get points and stay in rank. Clans will be more active in the game and will be fun as a f * ckk. You and your clan partners (and here the prizes do the magic haha) playing together to get points for your clan fighting for the prizes, sounds good does not it? Of course, my friends and I would be there;]

And now, recently I read a few posts from people on their clan topics saying they do not play any more ingame and blahblah, and they're active in the forum, but why?
I honestly think Toribash needs something else to do ingame.
And with the clans this can be more effective.

Because clans are a family and when we play together everything changes.
Undead
5. Two clans against two! 2v2 (Example below)

Now here's the news!

This would be fun, and the alliance between clans would have a greater purpose!

I actually like this idea and I greatly support it. However, there might be some side effects to implementing this like if 2 clans are warring 2 other clan in a private server, then this would create a mess in public servers because theres a great possibility of some non-warring player in each of the clan, who when fight in the public server will cause the clans to either gain or lose points.
Death offered by: TyZi ; Butler ; Sunther ; Manitoda
Originally Posted by Jaker250 View Post
I actually like this idea and I greatly support it. However, there might be some side effects to implementing this like if 2 clans are warring 2 other clan in a private server, then this would create a mess in public servers because theres a great possibility of some non-warring player in each of the clan, who when fight in the public server will cause the clans to either gain or lose points.

Okay. First, this is a problem that happens even with the current War (1v1) system. I think this is a clan problem, and there is nothing to worry about. A responsible member realizing that there is a War he would soon find his friends and join War.

But there is another thing that I wonder. Developers, can not disable Wars in Public Rooms? This could avoid a large portion of these problems. And public rooms should not be places for war. :v
Undead