ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Better SHadow
In next Toribash Update i wish this feature will be added :

Shadow !

Shadow is already added in Toribash...what i mean here is better shadow, add shadow...i mean...rn, toribash shadow is only shown in the ground, better shadow...i mean the Shadow will be showned to in another OBject in the game.

Will Not Be Implemented?

sir Moderated Message:
One more xzibit image and you're getting a rest
Last edited by sir; Apr 18, 2017 at 05:40 PM.
~ded~
You need to be more clear on what you're asking for. If you mean adding shadows on block, then where would be the light source ? From what ? I like how shadows are done, nowadays.

And dude.... just stop using that's emote on all your suggestions. It just doesn't give the appetite to answer.
Chaque fois qu'on ment, Tori tue un lapin ... TUER LE TORI !!
J'avais vraiment ça comme signature en 2015 ? Pouaah
the main issue will be the use of CPU to produce the shadows. People who have bad computers, mainly the ones who make replays(parkour being biggest example), will need to fight agaisnt the lag(you know, there are alot of objects on a parkour mod).
Other than that, is it really necessary? High/Max graphics can be understandable, but low config. is low for a reason
Last edited by victortb; Apr 19, 2017 at 01:39 AM.
retired replaymaker | discord: victortb#9592
we dont really need it,i mean,why do you want it in first place?

if it for realism,then i tell you,this game isnt very realistic.also,like victor said,that would make it almost impossible for people with bad computers to make parkour replays.you dont know how much objects a long parkour map has,ya know.

also toribash survived 11 years without advanced shadows so not really needed.

the mod would insta crash upon entering or at least slow down the game to unplayable speeds.

not supported
"I am the White Void, I am the Cold Steel, I am the Just Sword! I am Hakumen, the end has come!!"
What if the shadow is the same shadow as the shadow that showned on the ground ?
Just make the shadow added on onject's ?
Not changing the shadow type
~ded~
dude,that would still slow down the game.objects use different physics(if im not wrong),so to implement shadows on objects,you would have to create another type,which eats away the cpu usage.

at least thats how i think it works.
"I am the White Void, I am the Cold Steel, I am the Just Sword! I am Hakumen, the end has come!!"
Just why? I think it's obvious that Toribash is not a game that is supposed to be graphically impressive, it's actually intentionally simplified in terms of graphics, with 99% of the game being basic shapes, such as squares and circles.
Shadows is such a small fraction of a game, being not visible at all when no shader is applied. There should not even be any further discussion, it's as clear as that.

Also next time think twice before making a post in such board. It's okay to shitpost in wibbles, but if you're making a suggestion thread at least take it seriously and base it on more than one word.