Ranking
View Poll Results: What browser do you use?
Internet Explorer
5 Votes / 6.41%
Safari
1 Votes / 1.28%
Google Chrome
46 Votes / 58.97%
Mozilla Firefox
17 Votes / 21.79%
Other
9 Votes / 11.54%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
Anything other than Chrome, it fails at web standards

Acid test: Chrome and Safari are the only ones to score yes on all 3 tests
Chrome supports most standards - at least as much as most other popular browsers. Firefox supports more.
should only be used as a test bed for worst case scenario browsing.

Chrome has a 30% market share (more market share than any other browser), stop making stupid claims. If you are doing testing you should test on chrome.

It's hard to take someone seriously when they advocate throwing out 30% of the market share. You are an active dev, aren't you?
Chrome:Best design i've seen,bookmarks,newtabs,newtab bookmarks etc
Bye bye toribash
Originally Posted by ImmortalCow View Post
Acid test: Chrome and Safari are the only ones to score yes on all 3 tests
Chrome supports most standards - at least as much as most other popular browsers. Firefox supports more.

Chrome has a 30% market share (more market share than any other browser), stop making stupid claims. If you are doing testing you should test on chrome.

It's hard to take someone seriously when they advocate throwing out 30% of the market share. You are an active dev, aren't you?

I'll allow you to follow those stats (though remember that a large proportion of that 30% is mobile devices), however from a dev point of view Chrome is fuck awful. And yes, I do actively dev thus I know how horrid Chrome is in comparison to others. I also use Chrome as a test browser along with the other major ones, and as I said it's literally the worst case scenario browser. Things that work on others aren't guaranteed to work on Chrome, just as much as Chrome has backwards ways of handling certain things making them not work on other browsers. Whichever way you look at it Chrome is the odd one out.

Had this been a year ago I wouldn't have been as harsh, possibly on the brink of praise, but Chrome has gone downhill severely & changing the way things work to suit what you want doesn't equal a good browser.
It's best thought of as: Current Chrome = what Google wants the net to work like. Much like IE was before MS discovered it couldn't control how things were done. Maybe things will swing in that direction & Chrome's way of doing things will become the norm, but for the moment due to how badly it handles things that others have no problem with Chrome is the bottom of the pile.

On the upside it is still quicker at a lot of rendering than the others. No fucking use though if I have to completely rethink something just to keep compatibility with 1 browser. Thanks Chrome, you owe me countless hours of life. Honestly, it's the worst thing to happen to web dev since IE 6.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Firefox all the way, reason: -I like it over the others. Even tho firefox for android sucks, I just use the default browser.
Google Chrome,
INCOGNITO!

It runs fast,
I can search shit without being known,
and it's cool.
mindless machine
I'll allow you to follow those stats (though remember that a large proportion of that 30% is mobile devices), however from a dev point of view Chrome is fuck awful. And yes, I do actively dev thus I know how horrid Chrome is in comparison to others. I also use Chrome as a test browser along with the other major ones, and as I said it's literally the worst case scenario browser. Things that work on others aren't guaranteed to work on Chrome, just as much as Chrome has backwards ways of handling certain things making them not work on other browsers. Whichever way you look at it Chrome is the odd one out.

Had this been a year ago I wouldn't have been as harsh, possibly on the brink of praise, but Chrome has gone downhill severely & changing the way things work to suit what you want doesn't equal a good browser.
It's best thought of as: Current Chrome = what Google wants the net to work like. Much like IE was before MS discovered it couldn't control how things were done. Maybe things will swing in that direction & Chrome's way of doing things will become the norm, but for the moment due to how badly it handles things that others have no problem with Chrome is the bottom of the pile.

On the upside it is still quicker at a lot of rendering than the others. No fucking use though if I have to completely rethink something just to keep compatibility with 1 browser. Thanks Chrome, you owe me countless hours of life. Honestly, it's the worst thing to happen to web dev since IE 6.

If you really have to rethink things because of Chrome, then I would say you are probably relying on incorrect assumptions.