Toribash
Original Post
Starcraft 2
Made an IRC channel #starcraft.

Also post nick+ player code and i'll add you to this post.

Anyone play it?
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty is a military science fiction real-time strategy video game developed and released by Blizzard Entertainment for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X. A sequel to the award-winning 1998 video game StarCraft, the game was released worldwide on July 27, 2010.[9] It is split into three installments: the base game with the subtitle Wings of Liberty, and two upcoming expansion packs, Heart of the Swarm and Legacy of the Void.
Set in the 26th century in a distant part of the Milky Way galaxy, the game revolves around three species: the Terrans, human exiles from Earth; the Zerg, a mix of species infested by the same virus[12]; and the Protoss, a species with vast mental powers. Wings of Liberty focuses on the Terrans, while the expansions Heart of the Swarm and Legacy of the Void will focus on the Zerg and Protoss, respectively. The game is set four years after the events of StarCraft: Brood War, and follows the exploits of Jim Raynor as he leads an insurgent group against the autocratic Terran Dominion. The game includes both new and returning characters and locations from the original game.
StarCraft II features the return of the three species from the original game: Protoss, Terran, and Zerg.[1] The single-player aspect of StarCraft II has also been altered substantially from the original game.[14] The Terran campaign shown at BlizzCon 2007 replaced the original StarCraft briefing room with an interactive version of the battlecruiser Hyperion, with Jim Raynor, now a bitter and hard-drinking mercenary captain, as the central character. In a departure from previous Blizzard games, the campaign is non-linear, with Raynor taking jobs for money and using that money to buy additional units and upgrades. Although each playthrough will vary, the end result will remain consistent, keeping the storyline linear. Vice president Rob Pardo has stressed that each campaign will function very differently.[15] The Terran campaign, Wings of Liberty, places players in a mercenary style campaign, as Terran rebel Jim Raynor performs missions for cash. The second release, the Zerg campaign Heart of the Swarm, will have RPG elements. The player will level up the Queen of Blades, Kerrigan, throughout the missions. In the last expansion, the Protoss campaign Legacy of the Void, the dark templar Zeratul will have to employ diplomacy between Protoss tribes to acquire units and technologies for each mission. Each campaign is expected to span 26–30 missions. Wings of Liberty has 29 playable campaign missions. Of this 29, only 26 are playable through a campaign playthrough since three missions are choice-related alternates. There is one secret mission named "Piercing the Shroud," which can be unlocked on the "Media Blitz" mission.
Copied from Wikipedia

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/

Post friend code and game name here

Hopefully that's some information about the game and this doesn't get closed. :/
Last edited by BondyLox; Apr 30, 2011 at 06:22 PM.
TP|Guardians| Hai. Watz upz.
Yes,and it totaly sux.Brood war was the most balanced one they can not make anything more succsessfull than it.Concept is the same graphics are changed and only a few units are added,but the units are such that they unbalance the whole game.Air and ground kamikaze and evreything dies.
Gingers have no souls!!!
Zerg master-race checking in!

TheVo1D: And yet Diamond League is split nearly 1/1/1.

There are mostly new units, and the units that remain most are changed.
Eg Hydras are now T2.

Can't wait for the heard of the swarm
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Yeah Brood War also had 10+ years of patching and updating the balance will come.

Also,

MadSoliloquy 140
This is the Emergency Alert System. All normal programming has been discontinued during this emergency.
I have it and it's amazing. Way better than the first one. I actually want to listen to the dialogue!
You want some? Come. Get. Some. | OBEY
Raynor is not a mercenary captain, he's a rebel leader, which is very different.

About the game: So much better than Starcraft 1. I had to play through the first one to learn the story and whatnot, and I will NEVER be playing that piece of shit again.

Starcraft 2, however, is fucking amazing.
Last edited by WhirlWindX; Jan 20, 2011 at 12:37 AM.
Hey. Sup
Whril actually in pre-WoL he is a mercenary captain, taking jobs to fund his rebellion. And if you will remember, even during the campaign you have the choice to take jobs that do not further the rebellion, in exchange for cash.

He is both a rebel leader and mercenary leader.

SC1 is hard to play for people who didn't play it in its time (as with many old games).

Also, did you hear about that guy making a 'World of Starcraft' map, who was sent copyright infringement notices by Blizzard?
How lame is that; "Yeah we released an editor, but you can't use Starcraft content".
I lol'd at whichever over zealous and slow lawyer issued that notice XD
Just learning to play some zerg, protoss is my 2nd best, terrans was my first choice, just because I played them in campaign.
I don't know my friend code, but I'm in the bigt chat room, and my name is ninjasqrl.
Weird eh?
TP|Guardians| Hai. Watz upz.
Originally Posted by TheVo1D View Post
Yes,and it totaly sux.Brood war was the most balanced one they can not make anything more succsessfull than it.Concept is the same graphics are changed and only a few units are added,but the units are such that they unbalance the whole game.Air and ground kamikaze and evreything dies.

Honestly, this is why I wouldn't want to be a games developer. They are actively patching it, and there are a couple of expansion packs on the horizon.
LIGHTING FROM MY EYES
Indeed, SC1 was refined over 10 years.

SC2 has barely been out 6 months.

HotS and LotV will likely bring out many many units for each race.