ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
"as an example" and "for instance" should have been clear enough for you to understand that I used textures and music as an analogy of more common plagiarism cases.

Why would them being the default replays give you the right to plagiarize them? You can't wrongfully appropriate yourself of the textures that come in default either, so the same thing goes for replays.

There isn't a specific "credit person for the replays", there is a general "credit other people's work", and it's part of YouTube's TOS that I quoted to you.

Why people are so butthurt on these forums?! It's just a fucking edit man! Chill gosh... You guys are taking this way too seriously..xD
"B U R A K K U W A I T O A A M A A"
- B l a c k | W h i t e | A r m o r -
Plagiarism usually feels pretty insulting when it happens in an area you are interested for. But hey, it's still a ban-able offense so you were the one who should be taking it seriously
We're still kids in buses longing to be free.
Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
Plagiarism usually feels pretty insulting when it happens in an area you are interested for. But hey, it's still a ban-able offense so you were the one who should be taking it seriously

As long as I know what is plagarism, I am safe. Editing video clips recorded by me are fully mine. End of the story.
"B U R A K K U W A I T O A A M A A"
- B l a c k | W h i t e | A r m o r -
Originally Posted by wyrelade View Post
As long as I know what is plagarism, I am safe.

You're completely right, except you need to know what plagiarism is. Here's some help http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagiarism , or maybe even http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/plagiarizing .

Following MW's definition, you used another's production (replays) without crediting the source (the actual replay-makers). So that's where you plagiarized, not the recording+editing.
No idea where you got the idea that you were being accused of plagiarizing the editing or recording since pretty much everyone directly mentioned the replays on this thread.

I can even rephrase it simply if you want.

You used other people's replays without giving them credit.
Using other's work without crediting them is called plagiarism.
Plagiarism is a ban-able offense.
You are being accused of plagiarism.
That leads up to?
Last edited by Oblivion; Jan 13, 2013 at 12:32 AM.
We're still kids in buses longing to be free.