Toribash
so naxx details came out :O http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/...-mode-7-8-2014

what do you guys think? i'm ok with it even though it will take me a while to save up 700g, but better than some people were thinking ~1000g :O

also my tag is winterwhite#1736, i play on na and eu, but mostly eu nowadays cause i have a slightly better priest deck on there :O
Last edited by ishi; Jul 9, 2014 at 11:00 AM.

[T]
#hi

Is this thread still a thing?

How do you guys feel about the Starving Buzzard and Leeroy Jenkins nerf? Personally, I like both of them.

Hunter was way too OP as it was, with Buzzard + Unleash combo givign card draw and board clear with timber wolf. Now that the buzzard costs 5 mana, even with coin you can't combo buzzard unleash until turn 7 which is just not worth it. I think Hunter will switch to more of a control deck which I've been testing out.

The Leeroy nerf was pretty much only to make it unable to be double shadowstep'd in miracle. Now that it costs 5 instead of 4, you play once on a 10 mana turn, you have 5 left, shadowstep and play it again, it costs 3 so you only have 2 mana left. Granted, you could still do it if you had coin, but saving coin until turn 10 for that specific reason is quite unlikely and could cause you an unfavorable position anyway.
Is this any fun to do despite the P2W aspects?
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by DrHax View Post
Is this any fun to do despite the P2W aspects?

Yes... P2W isn't really that big. If you play a lot you will get all the cards you want. Paying just makes that faster. Also, even with all the cards unlocked you need to know what you're doing to advance.
Help Squad | Companions | OFRO
Do you require assistance? PM ME!
Originally Posted by Liquidoom View Post
Yes... P2W isn't really that big. If you play a lot you will get all the cards you want. Paying just makes that faster. Also, even with all the cards unlocked you need to know what you're doing to advance.

Awesome! Downloading it now then ^^. Caught a few hour stream of it with two guys and found it neat.
Need help?
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by Liquidoom View Post

I call bullshit on that. After you've bought like 15 packs, you start getting
the same cards over and over again and you rarely get anything new/useful, just the same old whites and blues. From time to time, the game will throw a single Epic or Legendary just to keep you grinding for more packs. If you want to play competitively then you should have the majority of good staple cards, which are extemely hard to come by (talking about Leeroy, Faceless Manipulator etc), then you should buy a lot of packs with real money and pray for the best. If you don't have any money to throw away, you can always try some F2P decks from the internet, which require a couple of expert blues and whites.

Then there is the problem of competitive play in a casual-oriented game. The game is 75% luck and 25% copying other people's decks from the internet. You can't climb the ladder faster even if you're truly good and using your own "super awesome unique deck", because the game is a cleverly designed grinding system that won't let you get legend until you have won a certain number of matches.

It's still a fun game if you're trying it out for the first time and you aren't aiming for competitive play.
I'm just using this as a mindless way to give myself a break from all my grinding in chess because I've been playing a bunch of chess lately and it can get stressful to play back to back to back games without a palette cleanser.

But yeah. It's pretty neat. No idea what class I'm interested in. So far I'm playing around with the Priest the Most, Warlock second. It's my understanding that Druids are pretty OP at the moment but I should as heck wouldn't know nor does it effect me in anyway since I'll not spend any money on the game.

But yeah. The luck element is gigantic, but that's also fun too. I like when you get to actually impose a will or strategy without it being so mumbled up and disjointed. Like my priest deck is a draw deck.
Need help?
Just Use Thunder!