Toribash
Original Post
[Solved] Question about grab hands
Hello. For some time now, I have been trying to make quality replays. I see many of the "pros" using the grabby hands to get momentum, change direction, ect.
This is my problem:
When I grab onto Uke, I can't seem to tell which limbs I should move to get my desired effect. When I grab onto him, I just seemed to get pulled around by his dead-weight.

If anyone could give me some pointers, I would love you forever.

Also, I can post some of my replays to show you all what I am working with, if that would help.

Thanks

~Lucid
Originally Posted by LucidSpore View Post
Hello. For some time now, I have been trying to make quality replays. I see many of the "pros" using the grabby hands to get momentum, change direction, ect.
This is my problem:
When I grab onto Uke, I can't seem to tell which limbs I should move to get my desired effect. When I grab onto him, I just seemed to get pulled around by his dead-weight.

If anyone could give me some pointers, I would love you forever.

Also, I can post some of my replays to show you all what I am working with, if that would help.

Thanks

~Lucid

--------------------------------------------------------
practice a lot ull get better
your explantation is a bit annoying, first, do u pressed B to see both ghosts?

and then, just dont grab him from the start ... try to fall a bit "down" try to grab one of his feet, or his hand these are pretty easy bodyparts where u can get momentum.. also just practice practice practice, try around with the game rules, may with -30 gravity or more engade distance all this will help you to make good reaplays.. and one tip. if u have a really REALLY good opener... SAVE IT BEFORE U START EDDITING! happend to me really often that i eddited so often that i killed the complete replay and after that just thought "damn, was such a good opener"

also here is a good replay where u see how u can get momentum when u grab uke (by me) :
Attached Files
!blub decit kick!.rpl (57.3 KB, 16 views)
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
BlubKill's example is good. He lowers his shoulder to gain momentum and also keeps his kicking leg ready all the time. Just with a bit more accuracy and editing, it can easily become a boom.

First learn to use shoulders like in the example then try to use all of your body parts to score the hit. Don't hesitate to experiment with the ghost by moving joints and observing each joint's effect.

Also check out replaymaker's encyclopedia. It has some tutorials with good explanations.