Ranking
Original Post
Oblivion WIP
Hello there!

So, I just made some riddim, bc why not? And I want some Critic on it, what is good and what is bad? What needs improvement and what doesn't?

Time spent is about 2 hours and 30 min.

Program is Fl Studio 12 and recording software is OBS.

Thank you for your time ^^
Last edited by xXSJXx; Feb 2, 2018 at 06:39 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I'm not sure what's happening anymore
Now fully released, will uppdate with the Youtube releese once it's done.

https://soundcloud.com/lazz-634731558/oblivion
uuuh

Try to change that sound at 1:10 scales. I don't understand about making music but, try to make a scale 3 in 3 (not sure if I'm making myself clear). But from 1:10 the background sound sounds repetitive

EDIT: like high notes to low notes
Last edited by Lionet; Feb 2, 2018 at 06:57 PM.
<[Vector]Aadame> damn pat with his mod skills
Need help? PM me! Reach me on Discord: Lionet#1325

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

At the beginning there's an underlying modulation that kinda ruins the sound and doesnt fit in.

The kicks and snares are really crisp and nice, good sample choice

At 0:57 you're starting the build up, then allow it to be reduced to 3 channels again which kills the mood.

Dont repeat the vocal sample, try finding a new one from the same speech if possible.

At 1:13 just before the main sound comes in, consider adding an upbeat with a sample of some kind, or even just a kick/snare

During the drop make sure you dont lose your main idea, you kinda went off on a tangent and it didnt sound great.

At 1:33 tone down the riser, it's overpowering and too high to be comfortable on the ears

At 1:40 I would move those vocal samples to where the kick/snare comes in and instead put a smaller riser there

At 2:44 just as the kick/snare comes in, I would change the main sound to expand on the sound just before it. So instead of just repeating the same sound over and over, keep the first 2 as they are, then expand the sound and go down in pitch or something so it adds interest.

I'm not a music genius by any means, this is just what I think would sound nice

did you record the sound with obs aswell?
<ego>holy fuck a bat is in my room
- ego quit (Ping timeout)
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
did you record the sound with obs aswell?

in the video yes
Originally Posted by xXSJXx View Post
in the video yes

that's really dumb you shouldn't do that, it lowers the quality of the audio considerably.
<ego>holy fuck a bat is in my room
- ego quit (Ping timeout)
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
that's really dumb you shouldn't do that, it lowers the quality of the audio considerably.

I know it does, I just couldn't bother editing it bc by then it was a WIP and not done, the one up on my sc is the full releese