Ranking
Original Post
Toribash server maintenance
Ohai thar.

As some of you may or may not have heard, Toribash will undergo some rather heavy maintenance in the near future. Along with a general overhaul of more or less everything, Toribash will migrate to some brand new and shiny hardware, as the current steam-powered system from the 1800's is at the end of its life cycle. And no, an exact date for this has not been set yet, but it looks like some time early December.

What this means to you primarily consists of two things:
First of all, there's A LOT of stuff that needs to be moved. Some of the moving process has already started, and this might affect performance. And example of why we prefer to get a head start is that there's one directory of ~80Gb where the content changes all the time, and we take any headway we can get. Hint: textures
Secondly, during the actual migration, some downtime is to be expected. While the vast majority of the content can be transferred with the system is live, there is an estimated period of 30 minutes to an hour where everything will be down while the last bits and pieces are put in place. Might be more, might be less, depending on how fast the remaining bits and pieces get synced over. Once the core stuff has been completed, and tested fine, services will be brought online as they become ready. For example, and from the looks of things, once the complete blackout is over, the game will be fully playable, and the forum will be fully functional, while torishop (partially or fully) will not be available until later.

Before you ask a question regarding this, I would like to point out that the autistic number-crunchers in the basement haven't been flogged enough lately, so they have not produced a whole lot of useful info that can be shared at this point. Relevant and important info will be posted when it becomes available, such as exact time/date for the downtime. Everything will be properly announced in good time.
Last edited by Jarmund; Nov 25, 2011 at 10:18 AM.
This is great news! The current servers have been constantly failing for a long time now, this is well over due.

Good luck with the migration, I am sure that everyone will happily tolerate the downtime.
This will be very good I do not know that I Aquit is without plays more it will be very good
Wow!, That's great news, Good luck with it
reasonably happy | if gamer grill inbx me | Nightin: hack THIS *unzips dick*
until next time
that good Toribash is updated and working to improve our beloved game
are taken very seriously all the maintenance and management of game thanks!!
And Good luck!
-::Always will fight for you, I'll be a knight in the stars trust.

They may sound stupid, but why do we have to do all this migrating and whatnot?
wow, awesome.

Good luck, and don't break anything.
hampa Moderated Message:
nevermind

also, it's effing glOw.