Toribash
Original Post
17 year old Jake Evans kills mother and sister and calls 911.
http://soundcloud.com/christin-coyne...evans-911-call

What charges do you think he should face (If you believe that he SHOULD face charges at all)?

Do you think his actions were rational or irrational?

How do you think he feels now (Does he regret it or not)?

Or, you know, we could just talk about what we think as a total...
I have zero tolerance for these type of people. And honestly, I would take joy in torturing this kid.

I'm disgusted with humanity, and this is proof to how our advanced brains make us a truly terrible species. Other animals don't have the mental capacity to be "good" or "evil" or "crazy". They're mostly kind to eachother, unless threatened.

I think this is a prime example of how disgusting humans are.
Related news story taken from the comments

IMO there's no way his actions are rational. He stated outright that he didn't even have a reason to kill them, just that he'd been planning to. And then he goes on to say he would kill just about anyone because they're rude and have bad attitudes.
Wut.

Kid's messed up. Having next to no motive for killing people and doing it regardless is edging into psychopath territory. It's also a bit concerning that he starts berating himself like it's not him he's talking about.

As for charges, yeah IMO he should be charged with the murders of his family members, and no he shouldn't get off of it by arguing insanity or whatever. I certainly hope we don't get irritating people showing up saying "Oh he's just confused" or "He just needs counselling" and again let him off the hook.

Oh, and a .22 caliber anything is a poor choice for murder, just saying.
Last edited by 4zb41; Oct 9, 2012 at 01:27 AM.
Hearing the whole thing, I personally thinks he regrets it. He did not want to do it, he needs help, that is all. He is shocked at what he did, he may seem calm but is broken inside.

i agree with Devil this person clearly needs help but, in some cases there is only drugs that can help people like him. In addition to that, I feel torture would be pretty inhuman and you almost contradict yourself when saying torture him, but we are an awful species ^^
Originally Posted by NormalCitizen View Post
I have zero tolerance for these type of people. And honestly, I would take joy in torturing this kid.

I'm disgusted with humanity, and this is proof to how our advanced brains make us a truly terrible species. Other animals don't have the mental capacity to be "good" or "evil" or "crazy". They're mostly kind to eachother, unless threatened.

I think this is a prime example of how disgusting humans are.

Do you realize what you just said?

In your second sentence, you stated that you would "take joy in torturing this kid". You then go on and say "this is proof to how our advanced brains make us a truly terrible species".

You talk about how bad of a species we are, etc., and I totally agree with you, but what you just said completely baffles me.

Anyway, I just listened to the entire thing, and I feel pretty bad for the kid. He sounds like a normal 17 year old, it's sad to see that he was so confused, etc.

What charges do you think he should face (If you believe that he SHOULD face charges at all)?: Obviously, he killed his mom and sister. No matter how bad he feels, he admits to doing it and that he wanted to do it. He will face a lot of tough times in the coming years. It's too bad, he threw his entire life away for nothing.

Do you think his actions were rational or irrational?: I believe this question is too obvious for me to answer.

How do you think he feels now (Does he regret it or not)?: I know for a fact that it isn't easy for him. He stated on the phone that he was pretty scared and most of the time was asking about how this all is going to haunt him in the future. I really feel bad for this kid. What he did was terrible and he will never be able to take it back.
Last edited by Faint; Oct 9, 2012 at 02:55 AM.
Originally Posted by Faint View Post
Do you realize what you just said?

In your second sentence, you stated that you would "take joy in torturing this kid". You then go on and say "this is proof to how our advanced brains make us a truly terrible species".

You talk about how bad of a species we are, etc., and I totally agree with you, but what you just said completely baffles me.

I'm not exempt from my statement hahaha. But nah, kids murdering their family for no apparent reason is my one pet peeve. I can't even begin to muster an once of simpathy whatsoever and my instincts just tell me to stab him repeatedly.

Edit: And oh yeah, forgot to mention:

This kid should be put to death or face 50 years to life.

Saying "oh, he seems so normal and it's so sad because he's shocked." is pretty rediculous. He himself said "I don't know why I wanted to kill them, I just felt like killing someone" If he was on drugs, or was abused by his family, then it would seem less horrific, but he even said "I only killed them because I hate their tone of voice when then speak"

This kid is most likely a sociopath, or plays too many violent videogames.

(I'm just intolerant of people like him, I wouldn't lose my shit over anything else btw)
Originally Posted by 4zb41 View Post
Related news story taken from the comments

Oh, and a .22 caliber anything is a poor choice for murder, just saying.

its actually good because it breaks apart and forms shrapnel on impact forming damaging more organs and a more serious life threatening wound
[TA]¤[Clan]¤[bncy]¤[eVo]¤[Fish]
¤Team Wushu Tier 5 ¤
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Roses are red, violets are blue, faces like yours belong in the zoo. Don't be mad, I'll be there too. Not in the cage but laughing at you.".

Originally Posted by NormalCitizen View Post
This kid is most likely a sociopath, or plays too many violent videogames.

You still believe that shit?
He killed family period has nothing to do with violent video games.
[TA]¤[Clan]¤[bncy]¤[eVo]¤[Fish]
¤Team Wushu Tier 5 ¤
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Roses are red, violets are blue, faces like yours belong in the zoo. Don't be mad, I'll be there too. Not in the cage but laughing at you.".