ES Recruitment Drive
In my opinion, i think its gonna go far! we just have to be patient. As markiplier has played this game. He's pretty popular, so if the TB vid gets more popular the viewers may actually go and download the game! So all we have to do is be patient and wait for other popular youtubers like WEP EID EIP and JSE maybe. Then this game will go far! ( i've said it like 5 times now) be patient and this game will go far. As for 5.0 i think it might be realised in august ( IMO).
pm me your questions or applications

https://i.imgur.com/1GWtVnU.png

dance with my dogs in the night time
cash to burn
As many of us have said, Toribash has been covered by well known youtubers before. It temporarily boosts new players but because of the steep learning curve and it's not as fun as the youtubers make it out to be they tend to die off.

Patient? It's almost been 10 years.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
Originally Posted by neko View Post
As many of us have said, Toribash has been covered by well known youtubers before. It temporarily boosts new players but because of the steep learning curve and it's not as fun as the youtubers make it out to be they tend to die off.

Patient? It's almost been 10 years.

lol, 8 years to be exact but i dont think itll take as long as august maybe sometime soon, for all we know maybe 12 Am today - tomorrow

cash to burn
"because of people like shmevin and shockey( I don't have a problem with either of them). People who use this game as a method of personal profit through rigging, scamming, and whatever else they can come up with makes the community less tolerable everyday."

Yeah I have never once seen shockey scam or rig. It is called dueling, an agreed upon wager between two players where there is no cheating or "scamming" or "rigging". Don't know shmevin that well but theres no need to slander players who play to make a profit. They aren't influencing other players to do the same, they are doing their own thing. The community wouldn't see some amazing change if these two players suddenly played for fun rather than for profit. I don't see how you think they are part of the major problems with TB. Why not blame tc even existing if your going to over-reach so far? Let just blame the community as a whole as well because plenty of players like earning tc, and working for a profit. Don't forget this game has gambling aspects, and that wont change no matter who/what you blame.

The only real problem with toribash is that other than bug fixes every update and new addition to the game has been for profit for the game developer. The game has hardly moved forward and will not move forward with profit as the motivation. It seems like they will try to earn every penny they can without actually improving the game until there isn't any money to be earned and it will b abandoned.

The major problem is accessibility. The UI sucks donkey dick if i'm being honest. It takes time to even learn how to tweak settings. If they want to increase the player base they must address the learning curve. Maybe a built in move saver that is simple and intuitive, and can save the opening 3 turns during the ending replay, even in random replays. This game could be simplified with some effort, and I know the learning curve is why lots of players stayed around for so long, but they need to find a way to make it a gentle start, and let the curve really ramp up where it should, not from the get-go.

Having so many mods is great but it could also be overwhelming. If they created game modes from the title menu, added matchmaking, and didn't just drop you in a server list that would be helpful too. The server list would still be accessible ofc. Click compete to play competitive mods, click custom match for custom settings and the random for fun mods, and other such options. I think things like this would help address the accessibility problem most new players have.
Last edited by Sissykick; May 3, 2015 at 06:10 PM.
[RelaxAll]
This game has a very long learning curve ive been playing for a year now and im still learning new things and the new people are discouraged by the complexity of this game and when they see people who have been playing this game for a while and the super alts( a high belt player on an alt to farm in beginner servers as i call them) I almost quit the game when i started off cuz of Super alts and the complexity of the game i was just lucky it was christmas break and it was the only game my computer could support at the time
Last edited by Kirito; May 3, 2015 at 06:32 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
This game has a very long learning curve ive been playing for a year now and im still learning new things and the new people are discouraged by the complexity of this game and when they see people who have been playing this game for a while and the super alts( a high belt player on an alt to farm in beginner servers as i call them) I almost quit the game when i started off cuz of Super alts and the complexity of the game i was just lucky it was christmas break and it was the only game my computer could support at the time

Most people have had those problems including me
Or there are just people who shovel all the time
and ruin the fun for other people so they quit
because they just cant win a match

cash to burn
Started playing this from 2012 using a random registered account, and then stop playing for a few months because I don't have any friend to play and talk about this game. Back to the game at 2013 with this account as my main account and it looks like the player increased even though only a little by little. But since Toribash released on Steam I feel there's a lot of new comers there and I keep meeting a lot of new players in public servers, but I don't know how in the future. Some come, maybe just to trying the game and then leave after that.

Well, for me the game is still same but it's still fun. I'm not really know about community since I'm not that active in forum and mostly only lurking or posting in the clan or texture sell forum. The game itself is really fine until now and it can keep survive and growing I think, but it looks like most of new gamers nowadays have a different taste. That's my opinion.
[Steam] [Art] [Music]
toribash is the same and will always be the same? why? because it's populated by the same people.
M I N I V A N