ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Weekly ORMO Challenges
To keep ormo active and its creative mind flowing, I will be starting a set of simple or weird challenges for you guys to complete.

This may include things such as the following:
Giving you guys a theme to make a replay of.
Giving you a reference rl move you have to replicate.
Giving you a half-completed replay and a frame you have to start editing from.
Giving you a weird achievement to accomplish.
etc etc

In general these challenges will be relatively simple, and will only take an hour at the most to make (If even that. since you guys are supposed to be the best ;P). They will usually be a test of style and creativity, or of speed in finishing the challenge. Depends on what I am looking for ;3

In any case, I plan to give you guys 4 days to a week between each challenge. I will start off around a week so every member gets a chance to see this, but ill start lowering it once we get comfortable with the challenges.

There will only be one prize. 10k for the winner. I will be supplying this out of pocket, so ya ;P

Anyone will be able to participate, but I put this in the ormo room so it encourages that only the best will participate. But hey, if a relatively unknown guy posts something epic in here, that might mean a new member for this team ;P)

Anyways, ill be posting the first challenge right now. Good luck and i hope you guys enjoy this comp series.

WINNERS SO FAR
Challenge 1 - Geast
Challenge 2 - Wildb0x
Challenge 3 - Toriboomer
Last edited by Mosier; Apr 17, 2009 at 02:18 AM.
5:13 PM - vasp: everybody's nuts is so good
[00:18:38] <&vespesi3n> you should see when i swallow
[21:49:37] <&vespesi3n> >my mouth when
[21:49:43] <&vespesi3n> >my tastebuds when
CHALLENGE #1

At the end of this post is a replay named 410.rpl

Objective:
Beginning at frame 410, finish the replay however you want to in the most creative/brutal/awesome way possible.

Rules:
No changing any settings
No moving uke
No hacking
Only one replay can be submitted per person, but you are free to change out and edit the replay as much as you want until the deadline

Judging:

I will judge all replays based on these criteria.
-Style
-Brutality
-Creativity
The replay I find to fit these requirements the best will win the challenge.

Prize:
First place - 10,000TC

Time:
Deadline is Sunday, April 5 at 2000GMT

Good luck guys and have fun.
Attached Files
410.rpl (35.9 KB, 53 views)
Last edited by Mosier; Mar 30, 2009 at 01:30 AM.
This looks good, time for me to boot up Toribash and get working.
Last edited by Tamer0; Mar 30, 2009 at 01:41 AM.
Here's a quick entry.

It's a nice change from my usual brutish tap-tap boom stuff.
Attached Files
#TravelingZliept.rpl (164.5 KB, 42 views)
I always wanted to do this but I'm stupid and splurge my tc away before I come up with a legitimate idea for a comp.... Also I reaaaallllllyyyyy hate that starting point <.< taking me forever to get something I like.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by OrAclE View Post
I always wanted to do this but I'm stupid and splurge my tc away before I come up with a legitimate idea for a comp.... Also I reaaaallllllyyyyy hate that starting point <.< taking me forever to get something I like.

:P Well, I dont plan to make the challenges ever extremely hard like asking for a 2000 frame sparring match, but I am going to give you guys weird tasks that will take more skill than your average replay.

To be honest I got the idea for this cause I couldnt figure out a way to get a good kick from that opener ._.