ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Crap art on Art/Textures
Am I the only person getting sick of seeing crap art on the Art/Textures?
Crap art is considered art created for the sake of being bad.
I don't think it should be allowed on the Art/Textures sub forum.

This took me 30 seconds to make.
This stuff shouldn't be allowed.

It's spam. But what are you thoughts?

Closed
Last edited by Sean; Mar 28, 2014 at 04:34 AM.
Yes they are spam.
If effort is put in its not really spam though, but I dont get why people buy it.

But the part that gets to me is you did this also?
It's art. You can't discriminate art. It has art, so it's not spam. Note:ART/textures
please explain how the thing you posted is bad? its always fun to hear from the quality proportional to effort guys. besides i dont even see that kind of stuff in the art board often and believe that you just need to chill the hell out lol
oh yeah
I believe art is art however when it's done poorly on purpose it's spam.

Great example is this.

I'm not trying to sound heated about it but it's getting really old fast.
-----
Originally Posted by DanWebb View Post
Yes they are spam.
If effort is put in its not really spam though, but I dont get why people buy it.

But the part that gets to me is you did this also?

Actually yes, I did make one of those pages, however it was trying to show how ridiculous it is.
Last edited by Sean; Mar 28, 2014 at 12:53 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I think there's a difference between bad art and troll art. Bad art is anything made by somebody with little artistic talent. I'm totally okay with that being posted because then skilled artists can CnC it and help the original artist improve. Troll art is like what you linked to, and I'm pretty sure it's just people's poor attempts at humor. I think it's stupid, but not a lot of people do it really. I don't think it's a problem.
bananananananananaananananananannanaa delicious
Originally Posted by Space View Post
I believe art is art however when it's done poorly on purpose it's spam.

Great example is this.

I'm not trying to sound heated about it but it's getting really old fast.
-----

Actually yes, I did make one of those pages, however it was trying to show how ridiculous it is.

That's like a one in a million thread, I really haven't seen an alarming amount of those so called crap art threads you're sick of...
But I guess the point of this thread was just simply to tell us that you are sick of some silly threads, that you admitted you took part to make fun of them, and you're complaining about the people who made those thread with this thread titled "Crap Art/Textures" asking for opinions.

I don't see the logic in this, sorry.
⋐⋑
<ishi> 2MEGPOID4ME
I don't either, you say these things are bad but I always see you bitting on them.

You are fueling them, it is a easy way for new guys to get tc and motivate them to make better art.

Also it might just be a trend. I kind of want a bad avatar now.