ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Market Rules or 7k Chronos Joints
Hi everyone,

Today I'm gonna raise the topic of relevance of some marker rules in Toribash and see what people think about it.

Lets start from one of the Market Squad members' posts:
Originally Posted by dat post
Please specify what forms of payment you are accepting.

While "7k" suggests TC, it could refer to 7k in USD, in chronos relaxes, etc.

Every time I see posts like this I'm like "What? Are you serious? I thought that 7k is pretty obvious in all the contexts everywhere in Toribash marketing. Or its just me who got used to it, but it shouldn't be like this?"
So I decided to make a contrapositive thread to what was said in the above post and see how far it will get us:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=450677
I couldn't come up with any realistic method of payment that would make it "look more natural" so I just took an example from the Soap's post.
As a result:
- I didn't sell what I wanted to sell
- I had to repeat myself 2 or more times and people still couldn't get what I was saying
- People started to think that I'm crazy
- I had to report several people because they ignored all my warnings about violation of the thread rules

Why? Because if you want thousands of whatever in Toribash as a payment, people assume its TC. And there is nothing as natural as k TC. Moreover, there is no natural currency in Toribash but TC that can be expressed in thousands. And even if there is, it is rarely the case and users always try to make it clear.

So why can't we just stick to natural and convenient things and do not repeat ourselves or write 7k TORICREDITS every time.

Discuss. Would be nice to hear both regular users and staff.

p.s. I'm sorry about picking Soap's post, it was just the last among such. And he was absolutely right by writing what he wrote because he acted according to the rules.
And sorry for shitting up with and reporting guys in the thread I've created, although I acted by all the rules as well.
S | B | F
Ill explain for 7k yen
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
Its because in the OP, you said 7k USD, which would mean 7000 dollars. what you could have done is this. It is perfectly normal that people though you were looking for 7000 dollar.

Payment: TC(around 7k)/ USD
h
But why would somebody think you are looking for 7000 dollars/pounds/yen/euros etc.. over a game. It's just stupid to think that.
blue
pink
It's an extra 2 or three words that will take you 10 seconds to write. While what you stated makes sense, more confusion would be avoided if you just add (Tc) or (USD), etc.
Kradel: 7k could mean 70 cents (10K/1USD rate).

My point is that it's not that hard to put two or three letters in parentheses to avoid all of this trouble.
Ryan is Straight {TGS} {Videoer} {Artist} Rip Dog
I always thought it was always tc unless specified by something such as usd or yen.

I mean, really? You should know that its tc...

It may seem like little effort to write tc among others, but it is how it has always been done. I mean, why switch it? It has worked great.

seeing a "k" is usually a red alert that it is tc. USD is almost always the currency of choice, and I have yet to see a transaction of yen, pounds, rupees, etc. Its common sense, we shouldn't need to have to specify every single thing, that's just absurd and not worth the effort.
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
On toribash forums, common sense on such prices like 50k and 100k are being mistaken by such mindless people who think "50k... wat"
When I go to a MineConomy server and ask for 50k, they will deny it because it is their money

So you see, 7k in toribash market is enough to tell you that it's tc, why are you guys baffle the message your way?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

You fucked up Sheva, you should have written "7k, USD or Chronos Forces/Relaxes"

If you 7k, yeah everyone will understand that. If you qualify 7k as 7k USD then of course people will be confused because you are saying 7000 USD. I've been around for a while, and I've never seen someone say X USD and think it means Xtc or USD.

I understand there are a lot of non-native English speakers, so you can look this up if you want to understand better (I think CMS and CGEL both cover this) you should use "," to separate items in a list except the last item which is delimited by a conjunction.

For example: "I like to eat things that are green, apples or meat."
This way it is clear that there are 3 items in the list.
1. Green things
2. Apples
3. Meat

As opposed to: "I like to eat things that are green apples or meat."
This appears to have 2 items in the list:
1. Green apples
2. Meat

This is what you did, and it is incorrect.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff