Ranking
Original Post
Originally Posted by MikeHoy View Post
Can you elaborate on points 2 and 4 please?

Grips in the current version are static joints, in Toribash Wii we used one axis rotating grips, in the new engine you have more options such as soft grips.

The current mod format the hierarchy of joint to bodies are hard coded. If you can mod what joints are connected to what bodies it opens up for more Tori configurations.
Nice one! I always wanted a 2v2 in this game, it will be incredible, good luck in your project!
ayo
Will we be able to add more joints as well, if we for example want to make a four armed tori?
[The Team]
<largekilla> You are going to give me cancer
Originally Posted by hampa View Post
The new engine already has some features that I think can be fun for new gameplay:
- Continuous Collisions (no more sword props that go straight throw bodies between frames)
- More joint options (spring joints for grips)
- Dismemberment based on force not impact (today you need to hit a joint to dismember it). In the new engine you can pull of limbs
- Fully configurable body/joint hierarchy

- Is there currently a plan to try to make DMs and fracs as consistent as possible? Currently, it seems that a DM can happen even if a joint is just tapped.brushed at the right angle while the same joint won't break if the speed is so great that the object hitting it clips into it. Are you saying this will potentially be fixed in this new engine?

- Assuming one of the main goals is to fix the issue of objects ghosting through eachother between frames, will the new engine have a separate gamespeed controller independent of frames? (I'd love this, since it would allow for higher FPS without the game constantly switching between fast/slow-motion like it currently does if you have too-high FPS.)

- My last question for now; will we get variable joint strength? The main issue with "lifting" or maneuvers of the sort are that the elbows, shoulders and wrists of the Tori are disproportionately strong compared to the rest of the joints. In my opinion, the game would be much more interesting if you had to account for the strength of each joint when plotting a maneuver. Wrists, elbows and shoulders need to be weaker while the legs (excluding the ankles) and chest need to be stronger.

It would also be essential that Tori's weigh more in the new physics system, since currently (with supposedly Earth's gravity) Tori's can sort of just float around as though they only weigh about 15 pounds. I don't think that increasing gravity solves this without the addition of variable joint strength/mass.

----

These are the sorts of changes that would make me come back to the game and play it competitively. The less randomness (outside of modding), the better.
Last edited by Sparta; Jul 4, 2017 at 07:20 PM.
[20:07] <@SpartaCraft> This is the sexiest potato I've ever made.
Originally Posted by SpartaCraft View Post
- Is there currently a plan to try to make DMs and fracs as consistent as possible? Currently, it seems that a DM can happen even if a joint is just tapped.brushed at the right angle while the same joint won't break if the speed is so great that the object hitting it clips into it. Are you saying this will potentially be fixed in this new engine?

- Assuming one of the main goals is to fix the issue of objects ghosting through eachother between frames, will the new engine have a separate gamespeed controller independent of frames? (I'd love this, since it would allow for higher FPS without the game constantly switching between fast/slow-motion like it currently does if you have too-high FPS.)

- My last question for now; will we get variable joint strength? The main issue with "lifting" or maneuvers of the sort are that the elbows, shoulders and wrists of the Tori are disproportionately strong compared to the rest of the joints. In my opinion, the game would be much more interesting if you had to account for the strength of each joint when plotting a maneuver. Wrists, elbows and shoulders need to be weaker while the legs (excluding the ankles) and chest need to be stronger.

It would also be essential that Tori's weigh more in the new physics system, since currently (with supposedly Earth's gravity) Tori's can sort of just float around as though they only weigh about 15 pounds. I don't think that increasing gravity solves this without the addition of variable joint strength/mass.

----

These are the sorts of changes that would make me come back to the game and play it competitively. The less randomness (outside of modding), the better.

Yes, the DM system will have more options and won't just be based on impact speed.

Replay system is FPS independent.

Joint strength will be something for mods to play with.
Originally Posted by hampa View Post

Joint strength will be something for mods to play with.

I'd like to give my thoughts on this matter.
Joint strenght/speed/weight on the default tori is the most important thing in the whole game.
The default tori will be the foundation of 90% of the mods and will be the standard.
As it is the standard for gameplay it's not something to look over just quickly and "let people decide the joint strengths".
There is a reason body mods never took off, not because they weren't good enough, but because even the slightest adjustments to joint power drastically changes movement.
Re-learning the tori's movement for every individual mod isn't something people are really willing to do.

The speed also has massive impact on the actual direction of the gameplay.
Faster/more powerful overall Tori's will make the gameplay less realistic and controlled as you are able to launch with single joints easier, while slower Tori will make the gameplay more "realistic" and things like blocking and body control become more important.
Last edited by cowmeat; Jul 4, 2017 at 10:14 PM.
Sounds like Hampa is trying to ruin Toribash. I'm ready to quit.
Yes I know this game will still exist it will just be dead because Toribash Next.
Last edited by Mioxi; Jul 4, 2017 at 10:56 PM.
Rawr
or make it better

even if it will indirectly decrease what small popularity toribash has, toribash as a whole wont die
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tsu tsu cuckoo