Memento
Inglorious Basterds
The Prestige
Ocean Series

among some good titles I would recommend to watch
KONY 2012
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
Superb film, totally recommending it.

I wish I hasn't spent the time watching it. :/ By half way through there's no reason why you shouldn't know how it's going to end. I was seriously disappointed & don't understand why people think so highly of it.

I see a lot of recommendations for The Social Network, consider this another. Granted it's not accurate but it's still good shit.

You should get hold of A Perfect Getaway, That's pretty cool.

And to follow up on the Ong Bak recommendation T0ribush did, I'm going to say get the 2nd & 3rd (the 3rd was finally released over here). They're prequels to the original, but far better. Don't watch one of them without the other.

Finally I'm going to toss Pathfinder & 10,000bc in. Don't bother with the normal version of Pathfinder though - it's cut to ribbons (only 39 lines of dialogue), get the "extended edition" which in reality is the proper film without being chopped to cinematic length.

Its because 2 storys and 2 different personalitys are being played at the same time and its hard to understand which they are bein.
Just look up the what happens at the ending of shutterisland and you will be like ZOMG didn't noticed this or this or this or this...
Then you will watch it a second time and figure out how hard they worked.

That creepy Granny for instance, she knows the guards and doctors are playing a *role playing game* pretending to go along with his Teddy side and she is just simply a lady enjoying a game.

Just do it and you'll understand
Originally Posted by souldevilj View Post
Its because 2 storys and 2 different personalitys are being played at the same time and its hard to understand which they are bein.
Just look up the what happens at the ending of shutterisland and you will be like ZOMG didn't noticed this or this or this or this...

That creepy Granny for instance, she knows the guards and doctors are playing a *role playing game* pretending to go along with his Teddy side and she is just simply a lady enjoying a game.

I knew the ending halfway through. But shutter island was a decent film. I think the surprise ending was unnecessary and suprise endings are pretty dated. The cinematography was amazing, and the resolution ( lobotomy) was something i felt was strong enough without the twist
Mei fati dominus, mei animi dux
Need to PM a SMod?

Unofficial Skimmer of Discussion!

Fabula Magnus wants more able RPers!
Cataclysm is still alive?

Thorn

Wiggi must love me forever now.
Legends of the Fall
American History X
Coming to America
Mr. Holland's Opus
The Karate Kid(original)
Gridiron Gang

That's about all I can think of for now. Not many dramatic/inspirational movies listed yet, so I went with that genre.
Some Good Movies are:
- Terminator
- Titanic
- Troy
- The Mummy
Imagination is more important than Knowledge - Einstein
Best Movie
- Star Wars (Empire strikes back of course)
Other Good Movies
- The book of Eli
- The Tournament
- Iron man
- The Matrix (First one ONLY)
- Hot Fuzz (It's the movie I find myself quoting the most often :P)
- District 9
Need a texture? Check out Head Shop of Chaos
Originally Posted by souldevilj View Post

Thing is I completely got what was going on the 1st time I watched it, and TBH you'd have to be pretty blind to not see it. If they'd been more subtle about how they handled it then it would've maybe worked, but as it stands it was executed poorly IMO.

+DeCaprio looks like a sprout.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Nosferatu
Se7en
The Shawshank Redemption
Swing Time
Shutter Island
Lord of Illusions
The NeverEnding Story
Labyrinth

Some of these are oldies. It's fun to watch them. We've come a long way technology wise, but movies like these are sadly lacking today.
Last edited by TheDealer; Mar 9, 2011 at 11:06 PM.
Happy tori is happy