ES Recruitment Drive
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Original Post
Real time game mode
I've had this idea for a while, and I know that most of the suggestions don't get implemented but I might as well share it with some people.

So what we have right now is that Toribash is a turn-based game. In multiplayer in classic mode for example you get 20 seconds to click your joints how you want to the n you skip 10 frames, and it happens again. The numbers are different for various mods, but the concept is always the same.

My idea is that instead of getting to make moves during the freeze time, you get an option to toggle a gamemode where the replay is going at a slow speed (if we take classic.tbm, we have 20 reaction time per 10 turn frames, so the replay would need to play a turn frame each 2 seconds), and you can click joints at any time during your match. Before the game starts, you get 20 seconds to make some sort of an opener. Joint movements get applied after the counter reaches the beginning of the next frame (so you have 2 seconds to adjust a certain joint if we go with our example). This way, you can allow for quicker and more intense matches, since you see what your opponent is going for and vice versa.

Yet again, this would be hard to implement and probably won't be implemented any time soon, if at all, but I just wanted to share some thoughts and maybe give you some new ideas to think about. Thanks for taking your time to read this, peace.
Last edited by AssassinPro; Jun 24, 2016 at 12:12 AM.
golf